TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Top speed or what? I think you'd need a column for rpm as well. Probably wouldn't be hard to make one up in excel:O

Your speed for a given gear and rpm will change by the same % as you change your final drive raito.

have fun

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
You'll have to plug in your info for your bike, such as gear ratios...all available in the manuals you host...

http://www.leanangle.com/docs/gearing_calc.xls

This doc has been posted before but I've modified it as it originally only had rows for gears 1-5 and needed a 6th.

·
14,150 Posts
Well, it's going to be accurate in a theoretical kind of way. Did you ever take physics? Remember those problems where you had to calculate blah in a frictionless vacuum environment? Kinda same thing. It's just calculating the theoretical info neglecting things such as aerodynamics and such.

I'm pretty sure I got the info from the manuals in the past. If not it's easily available via the great google.

·
14,150 Posts
I didn't make it and I just uploaded it to my site just for you as I have it in my My Docs folder here. Enjoy!

I at one point had it with 90% of the TLR info in it and was going to post it but never got the info for things such as countershaft to axle distance, etc, so I never ended up posting it.

I believe the numbers in the one I uploaded are 90% of the numbers for my 04gixxer600.

Enjoy! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet spreadsheet. I just pluged in the data for my DR250 as I happen to have the owners manual on my desk and the sheet is darn accurate (I read right an indicated 50mph at 6k rpm, it said 48mph @ 6k which should be about right given stock spedo's tend to be a bit optmistic and I guessed at the tread wear thing).

:banana

·
14,150 Posts
I'll find it when I get home, don't have the info in front of me at work.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
14,150 Posts
gixxerjasen -> :bitchslap <- chucks_net

Section 1-7 or pg 16 of the pdf of the TLR Service Manual.

Or you can view these screenshots.

Full Page Screenshot

Close up

:thumbup

·
14,150 Posts
wacked said:
Stock 17-39 is good for 167, up 2 in back 164, down 1 in front 161, yep. All going downhill with a tail wind.
Are those figures from the speedo and did you use a speedo healer or yellow box to correct it first?

·
14,150 Posts
Is your speedo corrected? It could be off. On my old gixxer I went one down on the front. That gearing plus the stock error had me off by 25%. I measured with a GPS and when my speedo said 100mph I was only going 75mph.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
TLR = 39 stock

1 - 20 of 26 Posts