TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of you guys help me out??

If any of you have a blown up ATX (PC) power supply lying around I'd would love to have the ATX connecter + cable. This is why:

I bought this SPA tachometer for my track bike but there were no connecting cables. I know I've seen this kind of cable before and I'll bet anything its part of the ATX power cable that connects to your motherboard. The whole ATX plug is wider but I should be able to chop off a piece. The stupid thing is I just chucked one out last week. :banghead

If you can help me out that would be great. Thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think i have and extra one lying around i can check for you when i get home also do you know what the voltages or any of the inputs for those pins are. if you can get a schematice i can help you out, i am an electrical engineer so i can see what i can do

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
If you still need that connector let me know, there are plenty of them at work.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i have and extra one lying around i can check for you when i get home also do you know what the voltages or any of the inputs for those pins are. if you can get a schematice i can help you out, i am an electrical engineer so i can see what i can do
Sorry the scan sux, can't get it any better though.
I also have no idea what colour connects where, I just took the tach apart and couldn't find any numbers or colours. Think I might have to give SPA a ring and order the connectors with the correct colour coded wires. or can you make any sense of the diagram?

The bottom right text reads:

[1] Do not connect the braid insulate (what's that then??)
[2] Diagram shows typical ignition system but may need wiring differently for others systems
points ignition, black to chassis, red to coil tacho output, red to output, black to chassis try reversing the red and black connections if the engine rpm is not registering or is not stable

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
that´s a nice tacho :thumbup will look great on a trackbike :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that´s a nice tacho :thumbup will look great on a trackbike :)
Yup there's only one problem I HATE WIRES :banghead

just hope it does this:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got one.. or two fried atx power supplies. If you don't have anything yet shoot me a pm :)
That would be great man at least we live in same country, now if I could only figure out how to hook this baby up without blowing everything up. :laugh

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If you still need that connector let me know, there are plenty of them at work.

Greetings
Rufer

Have two of them? I've had an SPA Tach sitting in a box for the last couple of years with no harness. $$$

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He gixxstar,

Don't suppose you now what colours go where?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I'll have a look tomorrow for some connectors. You'd pay shipping, though.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent an email to SPA UK, so I'll wait what they have to say about it all.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I found 2 ATX connectors and some ATX like connectors (4 extra pins on one side, black). Can take a photo tomorrow. Pay shipping if you need one.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
365 Posts
i have at atx power sitting on the floor of my car. if you need it let me know

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
you know, I can't remember who right now but someone on here was nice enough to send me a copy of the manual last year. I have it in my race trailer with the gauges. It's not very easy to get at at the moment but maybe they have the scans to post.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody!!

Loki is going to send me one. :hail

I'll let you know if it works.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
when U are done sell it to me :laugh

·
Registered
330 Posts
zicky999 if it all works out all right with the tach, dont forget leave me feedback on ebay :tillis

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOKI Thanks man I received the atx cable and it fits . :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts