TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Are there any other South African TL owners that are members of the TL Zone? I haven't seen any as yet.:confused

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Yes... and of course i cant rememmber his name... Ryno i think ... OH and welcome to the site... glad you found us. :)

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
2 I know of here in the UK
saffieD
fridayman
mind you neither of them have their TLs anymore

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...ET79 is from SA also but living in the states...

...if your talking about living in SA there's a few disreputables associated with a company called Hammerit - that went out of business a while back (Pierre and Alex)...or they moved to FL in the USA...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep, like TLSGazza said, Fridayman & I don't have our TL's anymore but we're still about. Johnnyboy's now got my old girl - I brought her over to the UK with me from SA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vandriver, what did you think of Pretoria? Next time you visit I must take you on a short trip on our great roads in the countryside! Hartbeespoortdam for example.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
I loved it, Pretoria was great, the people were wonderful and so was the weather. I met some nice girls and I still keep in touch with one of them, but she moved to Capetown. The only news we hear about SA over here is how bad the crime is now. Which I always think, what a shame it was such a nice place.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Braai Boy is also a Saffa who got away :confused :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
224 Posts
:megaphone By the powers vested in me, I do hereby declare that from henceforth, you shall be named "PiesangPiel......" :banana :rotfl

:ytiller

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
welcome!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SaffieD, glad to see you know some Afrikaans.

Bananaman, I believe you miss the weather?

Vandriver-The crime is bad but not that bad. You just have to keep your eyes open. I still would not change South Africa for any other place.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Monster-man..... Afrikaans???? I studied at Pretoria Tech - most of the classes were in Afrikaans but at least the books were in English. Then, working in Middelburg, there were times I found myself thinking in Afrikaans. I have to say though - it's the best language for "expressing yourself creatively...." ;)

One of the best ones I heard was this: "Jou oe" is so rooi soos mossies-poessies in paar tyd....":laugh

(Translated means, your eyes are as red as a dove's fanny in mating season)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Monster-man..... Afrikaans???? I studied at Pretoria Tech - most of the classes were in Afrikaans but at least the books were in English. Then, working in Middelburg, there were times I found myself thinking in Afrikaans. I have to say though - it's the best language for "expressing yourself creatively...." ;)

One of the best ones I heard was this: "Jou oe" is so rooi soos mossies-poessies in paar tyd....":laugh

(Translated means, your eyes are as red as a dove's fanny in mating season)
Sies man! :laugh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts