1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
I thought you had most of this together?

Haven't we seen photos of it mostly built?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you had most of this together?

Haven't we seen photos of it mostly built?
yes,its almost time for some colour ;)

if im lucky its ready for MOT in august

i wanted to build it to be sure on riding position etc. and to see how my colours/parts would look when ready!
it is my 50th birtday present,so i want it to be perfect!

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Here's a tip.

When I went on my shake down rides, short 10 minute local runs I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!

make sure you lock tight them in!

how are you going to stop the side stand rotating?

how are you going to support the exhaust by the footpeg / swingarm location?

·
Registered
417 Posts
...I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!
Were they tightened to spec? Clean mounting surfaces? Although the assembling instructions says "Check all screws for proper tightness after the first 500 kms", I never had to re-tighten any of those screws, never had a problem with loosened or even lost screws. Strange...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a tip.

When I went on my shake down rides, short 10 minute local runs I found every bolt on both sides of the ally plates was loosened and I even lost one!

make sure you lock tight them in!

how are you going to stop the side stand rotating?

how are you going to support the exhaust by the footpeg / swingarm location?
i have an alu plate bolted to the cases to prevent the rotation and there is a bracket that bolts between right sideplate and engine for securing the exhaust.
and yes,Loctite is ready!

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Were they tightened to spec? Clean mounting surfaces? Although the assembling instructions says "Check all screws for proper tightness after the first 500 kms", I never had to re-tighten any of those screws, never had a problem with loosened or even lost screws. Strange...

they were as tight as I could get them................. i think there was still some paint on the mating surfaces.............

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
i have an alu plate bolted ..... a bracket that bolts between right sideplate and engine for securing the exhaust.

Show us some pictures then.................... interested to see how you dun it....................

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Show us some pictures then.................... interested to see how you dun it....................

that aluminium bolts to the cases!

exhaust mount

·
Registered
417 Posts
This is how the bracket is fixed on my UNO (ss-switch removed). There's an additional tab on the rear header where the side stand bracket is attached to.

IMG_3769.JPG

The bracket that comes with the frame kit.

IMG_3758.JPG

Click for larger pics.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks JoE!
maybe Ted gets it now

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
I never got either of those with my frame..................

I made one up similar to yours Troy for the side stand and found it bent after the Euro trip so I made another twice as thick.
I also found that even with spacers the faces of the side stand and the engine case mount were at slightly different angles so to not allow the bracket to sit flat.
I have also adjusted the side stand to have the bike lean over at less of an angle to try and lessen the weight on it.

I think I might re-visit mine in the not too distant future as if yours and JoE's do sit flat then my side stand mount might be a little bent.

As for the exhaust mount, I have black Yoshi rearsets so I took an ally bracket painted black down from those 2 fixing points, put a dogleg in it and fixed the exhaust that way.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
done some more today

·
Registered
417 Posts
I never got either of those with my frame.
Only the exhaust mount was part of the kit, the one for the side stand is DIY.

found it bent after the Euro trip so I made another twice as thick.
I used aluminum 20 x 5mm or 20 x 6mm.

I have also adjusted the side stand to have the bike lean over at less of an angle to try and lessen the weight on it.
I usually turn the bike on the side stand, so the bike's whole weight is on the stand. No problems whatsoever.

if yours and JoE's do sit flat then my side stand mount might be a little bent.
Mine is flat, no bends.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Here is a picture of the DIY bracket I made for the exhaust mount.................

I had to use one inch spacers to mount the foot pegs as well as the thickness of this bracket to get the levers out far enough to miss the ally side plates.

I remade mine from 10mm ally...........
I have a spare or two of side stands so I will re-visit that. My fixing points are deffo at a slightly different angle to each other.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Done for today

tomorrow i start with the electrics

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
well done! ............ very nice .............. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 29 Posts