TLZone Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys well the ole noodle has been cookin lately and i am now thinking this winter i might try the infamous gsxr fork swap.

now i plan on trying to hunt down a full front end and just use the gsxr triples, along with the gsxr wheel and fender. now from what i have found in the search function it seems this is the easiest/safest way to do this but i couldn't seem to find if there was a significant height differance between the TLR and GSXR fork tubes not to mention spring weights and the like. and yes a lot of it is i just want the radial brakes i know the TLR forks are supposedly better when set up properly but i want the updated look as well.

also i was reading somewhere that i can directly swap over a sv1000 rear wheel and get a little bit lighter wheel weight (5.5" versus the TLR 6.0" width) but as i have stated i am still a newb when it comes up to suspenion dynamics in bikes. so is the only beneift to doing this in the reduction of unsprung weight or is there also a handling gain from the rounder tire profile on the 5.5" rim. and i was thinking if the SV rim is narrower than the TLR's do i have to make sure to run a SV rear sprocket or will my TLR sprocket swap right over. also what about the rear off a 06' GSXR750/1000 i know as of 05 or 06 suzuki supposedly went to a lighter casting on their wheels.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts