TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allrighty then. i said i would post a few pics of the latest makeover for my bike but they didn't quite turn out to good since i used a cheap disposable cam but something is better than nothing.

i tried to take some semi artsy style photos at night in the back of some building trying for a slight industrial feel to it. but what i thought was adequate ambient lighting to show through in the pick and give a nice subdued gritty feel to the pic turned out to be fook all on the negatives.

so with out further adue:

sweet

stylin and profilin'

this one you can kinda make out the hugger and heel gaurds but like i said earlier the photo quality is for shit.

also really crappy quality (very sorry guys i swear i thought there was going o be enough ambient light. the film in the disposable cam is hella crappy)

i'm thinking a good quality digi cam is going to definitely be on the christmas list.

sooooo....wacha guys think? is it:hail or is it:confused

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think i will see if a friend of mine will lend me their digi camera this friday and take some better shots of it in the day light so you can actually see the texture of the bedliner and the blue accents show up better.

also on that last shot if you look real close you can see i frenched in the tailight up about an inch and a half so it looks more intergrated in the tailpiece and not just hanging out underneath it all.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I like it Rammer :) ............. the shorty cans are a must for a fighter :hail
Good work

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Nearly forgot ........

we need better, uh, more better pics :rant :rant

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
sweet dude:thumbup
I especially like the headlight/flyscreen set-up:thumbup :thumbup

·
Registered
528 Posts
something wrong about how big the backend is! but the r always looks like that

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
something wrong about how big the backend is! but the r always looks like that
and that is the exact reason that in the next month or i will be grafting a 2002 style R1 solo seat tailpiece with a custom subframe on it. should clean up the looks quite nicely i think.

and next up is some sort of frame treatment i don't want to paint it or chrome it but i have a few ideas that are original that i have to discuss with a friend.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good! How about some pics of your speedo set-up?
ummm.....speedo setup???....what speedo setup?? LOL i haven't got that far with it yet. i HAVE got pretty good and correlating(sp?) the sound of certain engine RPMS in what gear equate to what given speed. my ear and just feeling it out ussually puts me within +/- 5 MPH of the limit.

i do plan on using one of those KOSO gauges for my setup but have toyed with the notion of a mountain bike speedo/comp deal as they are VERY VERY compact and shouldn't be too hard to find a way to fab the pickup magnet somewhere.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like everything except the rear subframe height. It's too high for my liking but it is a kick ass bike none the less. I love the front profile and the belly pan.

Also, I think a black frame and swingarm would be a cool contrast to the yellow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually one idea i had for the frame even though it might sound weird is a a custom cut vinyl sticker to wrap the frame in. if i did that i could have all sorts of possibilities open up to me artisictly and i would think it would be fairly tough and of course, the best of all CHEAP.

one other idea i am thinking of is possibly wrapping the whole frame (or atleast the outside portions) in CF maybe even the CF witht the colored strands that run through it. think CF with blue tracer strands would look cool?

what do a lot of you guys use to paint the frame black? and of course, how has it held up?? thanks guys

·
Registered
141 Posts
great start. and i like the idea you had with where to take the photos. there is a steel mill by me and i had planned on taking my bike over sometime when it's done. as far as frame goes. i know some people use the bedliner stuff and some paint. i chose to get mine powdered like sully is doing now. it is a pain to pull the bike apart but it is well worth it. (it was also a little cheaper for me since my buddy does powdering) it makes for a nice job when done. also for when you do the subframe modding. and your R1 tail should look great with the shorty pipes. i wanted to do something with the exhaust but my brother wouldn't have any parts of it. (not his bike but he is welding and didn't want me to fug with the yosh system. and i didn't have a stocker to practice with). enjoy your building:)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts