TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the guys here at work noticed one of my clutch covers and asked if I could do something for his beamer. I guess a company makes aftermarket scoops for the front brake rotors and calipers. there is ductwork behind the front lower grill (or can be moded with some common Home Depot stuff). But what he really needed was something tight that came through the lower grill and directed the air into the mod ductwork...

Chucked up some 2 - 1/2 inch aluminum thick wall, and turned him two bellmouth intakes... We drilled the lower grill (plastic) and snapped them right in. Ya think they look tasty? He said the kit was $250 clams. with my intakes and his "home cheapo" tin... $14.50

they are the thingies just inside the fog lights. I'll try to get some tighter shots tomorrow.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, you think aftermarket TL parts are expensive...

the BMW aftermarket stuff is INSANLY EXPENSIVE.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Thank god it's not something else I have to buy for the TL :laugh
That looks awesome! We might have to talk. I have something similar in mind for my Audi. With twin turbos, I need all th stopping power I can get. The drilled and sloted rotors help, but some better cooling would help more. :devious

You should really think about making more of those. There's a huge aftermarket for hem on the Audi & BMW boards.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I don't have a Beemer or an Audi. I have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, that's what he said, kept asking me if I wanted him to give the people on his board my Email. "Not yet, I'm still making clutch covers as fast as I can"

I really REALLY need to get me a South Bend Lathe at home. All that time sitting in front of the TV... could be makin 50 bux an hour.

You should really think about making more of those. There's a huge aftermarket for hem on the Audi & BMW boards.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Perhaps a CNC mill:hail I used to make bike (MTB that is) parts on one, can't beat it for stamping out lots of the same thing and not half bad for one-offs (had manual controls, but I can't say I ever used them except to center the machine to get started....).

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
yea, you think aftermarket TL parts are expensive...

the BMW aftermarket stuff is INSANLY EXPENSIVE.
So crazy there is no "E" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts