TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I am out of the wheelchair. On Friday my physio gave me a zimmer frame (queue the old fart jokes) then yesterday after a spell of tuition he sent me away with crutches. Now I can get upstairs, so can finally use the toilet, shower bath and marital bed!
I've just been on a solo flight to the corner shop; a round trip of about 300yds. I'm knackered and am getting blisters on my hands but its cetainly worth it.
In a couple of weeks I'll start intensive physiotherapy and should be allowed to drive shortly after that. Any bike riding will have to wait til next spring, which gives me the winter to think about buying something new(ish) and shiney :)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Great news Tim:) I know what you mean about getting mobile again, and those blistered hands:banghead Try putting some foam pipe lagging around the handles.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Nice one Tim :hail

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Good to hear you're getting around better. It is definitely a good day when you aren't wheel chair bound anymore! Amazing how we take simple acts for granted until we can't do them anymore.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
thats great news tim..glad you are on the mend :)

dont forget about your old girl in the garage :)

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Tim nice one mate , must take some courage to over come the pain barrier each day :hail gota respect that :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Glad to hear!

+1 on the pipe foam.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
nice one Tim, i used to drag myself up the stairs on my arse untill i could use the crutches, it was 7 months till i was weight bearing on my right ankle so i know what you're going through, it'll get better,
just realised my accident was 14 years ago this weekend, doesn't time fly.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Great news Tim :thumbup
You'll be back on the bike in no time :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:) Tim nice one mate , must take some courage to over come the pain barrier each day :hail gota respect that :)
:stupid

Glad you're on the mend matey :thumbup

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I just has a little thumb injury and it is just now getting to where I can mostly not think about it. Good on you for getting around. Nothing is worse than not being able to do what you want. It is getting better, lets hope it gets better faster from here. Luckily I didn't have to do any PT. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your recovery. You're doing great. You need a special motorcycle to replace the other one. Maybe a Duc Streetfighter is in order :coocoo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's geat news Tim:), & it's good to hear that you are still contemplating a return to 2 wheels after what you've gone through.

I'm sure you will improve in leaps & bounds once you start your physiotherapy.

Keep your pecker up.:fingerlol ( which will be easier now that you can crawl into the marital bed ) LOL.

Best wishes to you & your family.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
great news dude:)...it's a big step getting out of the chair.......i hated using it.:banghead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts