TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now, the Tuono has gone to its old home. Dennis is moving to Tennessee, so it will be heading back to its original home with the second owner.

It was fun, I think my track time is behind me, I am sure I will ride, but track riding may not be in my future. I thought about it for a while now (6 weeks) and I am pretty sure my track time is done. I only did 2 track days and 3 sessions all year. So I paid over $1200.00 for my hour and a half of member time. Probably going to drop my membership too.

Sucks, but I think I am too competitive to slow down once I am on the track, and it takes over. So if I continue to push the limits on the track, I will continue to crash from time to time, so I think it is best if I withdraw. For now I will be bike-less, probably start hunting a new one in the spring.

Woo Hoo!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:( No more trackdays with Doug? Who'll be my pit bitch? :O

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
sad to hear but I understand how you feel I get the same way on a track no matter how fast the guy in front of me is I want to catch him :coocoo

so I think you should settle with a turbo hayabusa when the spring comes :D

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You've still got the 70!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,858 Posts
:( No more trackdays with Doug? Who'll be my pit bitch? :O
Doug will make a superior pit bitch with no bike or riding of his own to do.

He'll be there ready to put the bike on the stands and give it the once over, refuel, adjust pressures and suspension when you come in, and have it warmed up in time for you to head out for your next session :thumbup

·
Registered
318 Posts
Steve -- so you know Doug, then. :thumbup

Hey Doug, talk to Jack about your membership -- he may be able to suspend it while you are unable to use it, perhaps even retroactively. Reassess your decision to cancel after you are healed up.

·
14,150 Posts
You know Steve, you are right. Doug likes to fiddle, maybe being a full time pit bitch is his calling, and the wreck with the Tuono was just a wake up call. :doug

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am an excellent pit bitch.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,858 Posts
:laugh

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Doug ,so what did you think of the tuono ??? I have always liked them but never actually ridden one , looking at another bike some time :banghead next year

·
14,150 Posts
He and I both LOVED that bike. As I told Zelig, it's everything you want the TLS to be, except it's not as pretty. It's the big V-twin with fantastic brakes and suspension.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is a TLR X 1.9. Fabulous power, brakes and handling. If you like a TL you will absolutely love a Tuono.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts