TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The buyer seemed happy - $1,000 for an 84 pop up 750, K&Nś, plus spares, factory workshop manual etc. I hadnt started her for a year. Buyer brought along his battery from the one he had crashed heavily last week :dowhat: and she fired up second time :). First time Ive not had a Kat in the garage for a while (had 3 for a while). Dont want the tiller to get lonely, so ebay here I come :laugh:laugh Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Standby for the barrage of fizzie suggestions:clap

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I've got five quads to get rid of?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know what i would get with a grand.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I wish I had of known you had it for sale, I would have taken it off your hands too.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what i would get with a grand.
:laugh:laugh:

My 9 year old wants a dirt bike. I know nothing about off road bikes but where I live it would make a lot of sense for my kid to have one, also good experience for if he wants to get a road bike later. What would be a good starter off road bike I could pick up for @ a grand, for a 9 year old?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Depends on whether your 9yr old is more looking to putt around or if he'd like something with some real performance. Also depends a bit on how big he is etc.

On the putting around side there's the XR80 (not a lot of difference in them from the 1980's to present so should be able to get an older one for not too much $$). If an autoclutch is more his style there's the KLX/DRZ-125 or the XR70 or DRZ70. If he wants to go a bit faster there's the KX60, 65, 80 and 85. I'd guess the 65 would fit him best, but that sorta depends on how big he is for his age.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips Josh, Iĺl keep an eye out for what you have suggested. Of course I will have to get something for myself as well can´t have a novice 9 year old ride unaccompanied :devious:devious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts