TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

After few track days I've noticed that all my friends bikes have very soft and easy working throttle grips. I't all about the spring tensions on the throttle body side.

I want to make my throttle as easy to pull as in the newer 1000cc bikes, coz only thing that was tired after a track day was my right wrist just coz of keeping it in the WOT position most of the time.

Shortening the spring will do it's job, right? Any other alternatives?

All throttle cables I've got are in mint condition, also are adjusted as per manual. I run 1/5 insert also.

·
Registered
250 Posts
They're probably fly by wire. I wouldn't tinker too much with spring tensions, just make sure the cable run is free of tight bends and nicely lubed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be a reason...fly by wire...cables are fine - (put them new this year) They run smooth but just that tension...my GFs GS500E - that's the tension on the throttle bodies side I'd like to get :D Still...any advice how to mod that? Maybe just replace factory spring with one from i.e GS 500?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've raced a few bikes before (with 1/5 inserts also with no problems) and TL has strongest spring I've met. I'm gonna try to swap spring from carburetors taken of a zx6e coz I still have got them in my garage collecting dust.

Hard spring isn't realy a problem doin regular quick runs but when it comes to very technical track and you have to take down every second and be very precize...that is when it matters.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I prefer a stiffer spring for accuracy. The other thing I've considered is a variable radius throttle arc at the throttle body end. Not quite sure how it would work out with twin throttle cables, but works beatifully on cars (single cable) where you need more accuracy at small throttle openings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts