TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve needs a SOAS. Not this Steve, the other Steve.

So Steve heads over and I was going to fit a spare rotary damper I have lying around. He gets here we get the bike on the lift and within minutes we knew his damper isn't seized.

The Spring on a stick is seized. I pulled it out anyway not thinking I could do much with it. It was bent like a banana. I bolted one end to my bench and put a bit of pipe over the other end and pulled. It straightend out. Just a slight bend left, so I had another go. :bawling Snap. The shaft broke. :doh

He had to get home so an emergency solution was needed. He rode over with rigid suspension. Should be ok to ride home on rigid suspension.

Bike on the lift and suspended.

Broken SOAS & rigid replecement :blush

Fitted :thumbup

Finishing touch

No need for tail raisers or a RHA. I stuffed up and this link is too long so the bike sits at its topped out height. Not only has he got a rigid rear, the steering geometry is quicker too. I hope he made it home OK.

Where are you Steve :megaphone

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone want a group buy on these? :laugh

G

·
whow :scared

that'll be a bumpy ride then :yes

i got two SOAS's lying around which he could have for free, but shipping kills the deal :( (50 EUR or something like that...)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
PM sent to TL1000Steve

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
:laugh Necessity is the mother of invention.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Made it home safely gonna need a kidney transplant though and a mouthgaurd for the next ride :laugh
brilliant bit of engineering at Dodgy Brothers Racing I'm first to give the approval of the solid state ride height adjuster group buy.
reducing the tyre pressure to 30 softened the ride up a bit and also cancelled out any effect of super quick corner turnins with the severely reduced rake of the bike.

cheers for the quick fix Steve :cheers

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Ha ha ! good shit TLSSTEVE and STEVE :thumbup . Will nothing stop a rabid TL owner :devious ? If my bitubo gets here before I move to brissy you can have my SOAS mate .:)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
did you ever see the abc show bush mechanics? those abo's had some kick ass fixes, like using a log as a leaf spring on a car for one. reminds me of that.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
yeah, but Steve, good thinkin'!!!

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Whoa back to the future moment ... didn't someone buy a TLR with one of those already in it?
I've heard rumours that Ayer's Rock is really an alien space ship time machine :eek

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
now that's some rugged engineering... i like it:lol

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Saw the Dodgey Brothers Racing Ridgid on a stick tonight.
Faultless quality
i recomend this for everyone. a kidney belt and youd wanna be good mates with a physio.:laugh :laugh

Good luck steve:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you got it in?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, I remember the TLR like that, guy wrecked on it if I remember.

Well, looks like you found a solution to that mushy fading pogo effect the stock shock gives. :lol

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
can´t call it a softtail anymore :laugh

·
Registered
271 Posts
my tail is feeling a bit soft and worse for wear though :laugh

wanna chuck it in this weekend Steve?
I've got to head out your way to visit the inlaws

1 - 20 of 31 Posts