TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Hey man, just a tip. When doing up close detail shots of your stuff, look for this option on your camera in order to shift the focusing mode to macro, or close up.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there that make it easier to see some of the damage?

Factory whatever they are.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
How did it manage to do that? over rev?

Hopefully just new valves, There is a chance the guides may be FUBAR too.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the engine out all last winter doing little things to it, and when I installed everything again I forgot to torque the cam bolt and ran it up to redline after riding it around easy a while and out she came. Im going to take it down to a very trusted shop and let them take a more edjucated look at it. Ive already priced everything at retail and its not too bad, shop will give it to me just above cost if not at with shop labor.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive got a second engine sitting in the garge now, but would perfer my current engine over a 97 version.

Besides if I can get one fixed, I can part with the other. regardless ill probably be parting with pieces of one.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
DOH I bet new valves and you'll be good to go though:thumbup

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
swap the heads and cam caps from your other motor and call it a day :O

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are going to part the pieces of the other motor I might be interested in one of the cylinder heads. Perferably the '97 motor thanks.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
There is a chance the guides may be FUBAR too.
yeah, replaced the valves on my mazda without checking the guides. it runs better, but burns a lot of oil on startup and a bit on higher revs. new guides in a couple of weeks though (along with ANOTHER head gasket - not cheap them mazda ones!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts