TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In continuation to Rubys hijacked thread ,It seemed like there was some interest in a bit of a get together .I've just done Mt Tamborine twice in the last 2 days (testing new shock) gotta love them high speed sweepers:devious .Anywhere is good for me though:)
From memory I think Veetwin4me said he was going to be in town between Jan 7-9. Using that as a starting point ,how does that suit ? 7th is a sunday which is good for me ,also an early kick off would be great .
Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i would love to but my tiller is out of action for a while. either a snapped cam chain tentioner or a big end. :( oh well have fun if you get this going!

·
Registered
451 Posts
i have been riding around conondale and obi obi and things in the last few weeks... (thanks for the advice TLRstacker)

it would have been nice to meet some more of you...

alas i will be returning to the UK tomorrow...

its great riding out here in australia. i have thoroughly enjoyed my first trip here !

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i might be in for sunday... have to check with the boss first. will let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I got a neutral answer out of the boss last night, however as she is 5 months up the duff I thought ide better not push it. will try again tonight :) neutral is usually good, she is just going to make sure im really good for the next couple of days then as a reward ill be let out of the house... life as a married man (man with a small m)

Half the problem is she loves going for rides and is just mad jealous that she cant come.

what time were you thinking? where would we meet? how long would we be gone?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I said ,I'm open to suggestion Tom. Sunday , about 8 or 9ish maybe ,as for venue I'm all ears. And from what I can gather , Gav (veetwin4me) was on a time limit too .But there's still fun to be had .:devious If you want to do Mt Tamborine which is about the only ride I know so far ,How about the Yamanto Tavern at the shopping center .But hey a new ride is good for me too:)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
sunday 8am is good for me. the only ride i know is the Mt nebo/Mt glorious ride its fairly near you, so perhaps that would suit better. im starting from bulimba so i could meet you at the yamanto tavern, from there if we are doing the Mt glorious/Nebo ride we can head north to lake wivenhoe.

how does that sound?

Anyone else going?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great ,that sounds like a deal to me :thumbup .I'll see if I can get ahold of the others.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
How long is that ride highlighted on the map?

Is it Blacksoil to Mt Glorious, do the loop (Mt Nebo, Ferny Grove, Highvale) back to Blacksoil? How many KM is that?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:dunno I'll be able to tell ya when we get back mate:)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
not sure its about half a day's worth:bwtiller only done it a few times (new to brissy)

see you there red,

call me if there is any probs 0412 512 256

tom

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great guy's count me in.... Just have to get my ignition back in the bike... lol

Yamanto Tavern at 8am?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
yamanto tavern at 8am it is.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Doh, already made plans to go Advancetown. Also heard that a chunk of the road up near glorious has just been resurfaced so has that gravel/loose crap all over it so watch out up there.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bloody great day out guys ,thanx heaps :hail .Anytime you feel like doing that again or anything else for that matter give us a hoy .Mr Korupt,my apollogies ,after catching up with some other riders that had just come from Mt Glorious and said the surface was like shit we revised our plan and went to Murwillumba via Mt Tamborine and advancetown :doh .All in all in absolute top day out :thumbup
Muz

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Bloody great day out guys ,thanx heaps :hail .Anytime you feel like doing that again or anything else for that matter give us a hoy .Mr Korupt,my apollogies ,after catching up with some other riders that had just come from Mt Glorious and said the surface was like shit we revised our plan and went to Murwillumba via Mt Tamborine and advancetown :doh .All in all in absolute top day out :thumbup
Muz

All good mate, didnt go out till after lunch anyway, how was the tamborine road? havent been up that way for years, good to hear you all had a great day.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ON the way out to Mt Tamborine is great but ,going up the hill gets a bit lumpy .Anyone know why the road out to Conungra is closed at the mo ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep the Goat Track 's been closed for a while now due to a rock fall during heavy rain. Main Roads is working on it but no idea of when it's likely to reopen. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts