TLZone Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I just so happened to be riding back from having a new tire mounted and balenced. Not only did they rape me for a freakin dunlop, but they tampered with my brakes and now my handle is all scarped to shit. Ofcourse, after returning to the dealership they dont claim responsibility. The tech told me he went over the brakes before I left and suggested new pads on both the front and the rear, and that something was funny with my brake lever. It was perfectly fine when I road it in :coocoo

Anyways, where can I find the bolt that holds the brake lever onto the bike? Will a suzuki dealer have something like that in stock? I dont want to have to wait another week to ride it, riding season for this type of bike is comming to an end. Hell I pulled out my winter bikes last weekend to get them ready :rant

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If the dealer doesn't have them instock, I'm sure you can find an aircraft type nut and bolt at a hardware store and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
pOrk said:
Not only did they rape me for a freakin dunlop, but they tampered with my brakes and now my handle is all scarped to shit. :coocoo
sorry but.....under no circumstances would a dealership tamper with your brake lever. no matter how much they suck. if they noted to you there was something wrong with the lever do you think you should have had them take care of it instead of riding away? :confused they have no reason to touch it except to reseat the pads after reinstalling the wheel. i was working on a bike at my bro's shop the other day and noticed a guys cbr brake lever working rough so i took out the one bolt. cleaned and greased the area. voila! sweet creamy action :devious. and no the owner didn't notice. part of owning a bike is proper care and regular maintenance. not all of which should be taken to the dealer for. example. tire pressures, oil level, chain adjustment, lights, and yes... proper lever movement.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently you cant read, I know how the brake lever operates and it was working just fine up until the point of dropping the bike off at the dealership. When I left, it seemed to be working fine but felt a bit loose. After a quick inspection, it appeared okay and I rode off. Once I got home to look at it, I found the threads stripped.

I know that they have no reason to tamper, I am a fabricator for a local hotrod shop here in Milwaukee not just a dumbass that bought a bike to ride. I have 4 bikes, this being the newest. I know how to maintain all of my vehicles, including my cycles. And they have no reason to reset the pads as they did not remove the front wheel :coocoo

sprbeast said:
sorry but.....under no circumstances would a dealership tamper with your brake lever. no matter how much they suck. if they noted to you there was something wrong with the lever do you think you should have had them take care of it instead of riding away? :confused they have no reason to touch it except to reseat the pads after reinstalling the wheel. i was working on a bike at my bro's shop the other day and noticed a guys cbr brake lever working rough so i took out the one bolt. cleaned and greased the area. voila! sweet creamy action :devious. and no the owner didn't notice. part of owning a bike is proper care and regular maintenance. not all of which should be taken to the dealer for. example. tire pressures, oil level, chain adjustment, lights, and yes... proper lever movement.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
voodootwin said:
If the dealer doesn't have them instock, I'm sure you can find an aircraft type nut and bolt at a hardware store and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper.
The stock bolt slides through the hole on the top and threads into the hole on the bottom, which is much smaller and appears to be stripped. Any idea on the thread size of that bottom hole? I can try and run a bolt through it, but I'd like the correct size before I run a tap through to re-cut the threads

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
pOrk said:
The stock bolt slides through the hole on the top and threads into the hole on the bottom, which is much smaller and appears to be stripped. Any idea on the thread size of that bottom hole? I can try and run a bolt through it, but I'd like the correct size before I run a tap through to re-cut the threads

If the bolt thread is stripped then a new bolt is an easy fix but if the threads on the mount are stripped, I would try a self-locking or aircraft type nut from a hardware store (I'm sure you know what those are, they have an inner nylon ring that keeps it snug). The stock setup is like that anyway (it threads through the mount and then has a self-locking nut).

Usually it takes about a week for the dealer to get those kinds of parts if they don't have them in stock.

or you can try here: http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~1013517~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2000~model_dept_mfr~Suzuki~model_dept_id~987408~model_dept_name~TL1000RY.asp

or here:
http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0300/handle_lever/handle_lever.cfm?man=su&groupid=12270&parent=12210

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fo the info ^ 8 bucks for shipping though, will probably be about the same time for delivery as the local place. You were right too, they said 7-10 days.

Good news is the Honda VTX bolts are the same size, same fit but chrome :) So I think I am going to order some of those instead. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
why on earth with a dealership give one crap about your brakes when the bike is just in for a new tire?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
pOrk said:
Apparently you cant read, I know how the brake lever operates and it was working just fine up until the point of dropping the bike off at the dealership. When I left, it seemed to be working fine but felt a bit loose. After a quick inspection, it appeared okay and I rode off. Once I got home to look at it, I found the threads stripped.

I know that they have no reason to tamper, I am a fabricator for a local hotrod shop here in Milwaukee not just a dumbass that bought a bike to ride. I have 4 bikes, this being the newest. I know how to maintain all of my vehicles, including my cycles. And they have no reason to reset the pads as they did not remove the front wheel :coocoo
well now, 16 posts and you are already starting with the shit?

way to go newb, try and remember people are on this site to help.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:eatcorn

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bigtilla:eatcorn Foght801:eatcorn

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wsmc831 said:
well now, 16 posts and you are already starting with the shit?

way to go newb, try and remember people are on this site to help.
Oh, so because I am a new poster here I should allow anyone to talk to me with disrespect? :rolleyes

Problem has been solved, no need for the peanut gallery to fuel the fire :coocoo

·
Registered
110 Posts
:megaphoneppl r just trying to help. these kinda comments will for sure stop me from posting.
no wonder there is war in the world.:O:confused

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For those of you who continue to beat a dead horse:

dunkchamp55 said:
i love lamp
owerflow said:
:megaphoneppl r just trying to help. these kinda comments will for sure stop me from posting.
no wonder there is war in the world.:O:confused
Josephd14 said:
:eatcorn This will surely lead to the first Info/help thread being :locked
pOrk said:
Oh, so because I am a new poster here I should allow anyone to talk to me with disrespect? :rolleyes

Problem has been solved, no need for the peanut gallery to fuel the fire :coocoo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.