TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve have read something about snioing a wire on the TLS. It should change the rev limit on the TLS!

My bike throws the same BWHP from 8500-10000rpm, so at my bike it wont give me anything!

But I want to know is there any nonbenefits by sniping the wire? Does it change map? ignition or anything? Is it only 500rpm more at rev limit?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I dont know anything about cutting a wire. The old "pink wire" theory for the fuel injection is bunk, there are plug in TRE's that do that same thing. The "pink wire" trick originally referred to Hayabusas I believe, with their computers limiting the revs in 6th gear to keep the bike down below 186 MPH. TL's in general however dont have a top speed limiter, and should keep the rev limiter because bad things happen when these bikes rev too high.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I believe the mod your refering to is only for the TLR and increases your redline by 500 RPM's...

·
Registered
295 Posts
hmm, well in that case still wouldn't do it because twins go pop when the get too much revs. Im sure its there for a reason.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i think the mod you are talking about is dissabling the "soft" rev limiter which comes in 500rpm before the "hard limiter does... basically it decreases the power before killing it altogther, which makes the "bouncing of the limiter" effect less violent

Cant be any more helpful than that as i don't know which wire to cut. Run a search as its been discussed before

:cheers

·
Registered
258 Posts
i cut the wire on my track bike...the extra revs made a big difference, and the motor didnt go bang, but i only had the bike on th etrack for a year. im gonna do it on the road tlr as well as i go to the drags regularly and i think it will help there to. it just means when ya do hit the limiter, ya hit the hard limiter and it near throws ya over the handle bars!!!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
TLR's have a soft limiter that starts at 9850 and the hard limit is at 10,250. By disconnecting the wire it just has the hard limit at 10,250 and no the motor will not go bang, if you where to try and get more than 10,250 then you are starting to look at trouble but it is difficult to get there any way as it requires a new ecu or Motec system etc. Also your tach may be indicating something else but that is just error in the tach itself if you run it on aa dyno it will show you what is really happening just like speedos which are notoriously inaccurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts