TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 tlr BMC, yosh cans, switchable smart tre, flappers removed, PC3.
This makes no sense to me .
If I go wide open in first, shift and keep going until I want to let off all is good.
If I go wide open in 2nd or 3rd acceloration is not slow, just when 7k hits I feel a shock in the drive line, like the tire spins for a second (99% sure this isn't happening). Then it takes off. It feels like a turbo kicking in, or a shot of NO2.
The clutch is not slipping.
I can't say 100% but I think this started when flappers were taken out.
I have only owned to bike for about 6 weeks . I added the tre, bmc, removed flappers and PC3. It backfires happened 3x sofar thru the rear TB. When I changed the airfilter I could tell that it had happened previously. I plan on getting the TB, TPS, and valve adjustment at end of season. Bike has 12,500 miles. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
sounds to me like it needs to be remapped. you've changed a heap of things yet make no mention of the pc111 being mapped.
cheers stu

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I just installed the PC3 yesturday. It did this prior to install as well. I have installed the appropriate map from PC for my mods. I am getting a custom map at the end of this month.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Check the flappers havent left you with vacuum pipes which are not plugged. find a thread describing the mod and check all the steps.
pull the tre and see if this helps.
undo each mod u have done

do one at a time and check the results.

cheers stu

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deff not a yosh ecu map. Why do I want the zero map? Or are you telling me to zero map before I goto the dyno?

·
Moderator,
8,248 Posts
I think your clutch is slipping. The goofy design can cause problems. Usually a set of Barnett springs for under $20 will fix it. For that price, what have you got to lose?:O

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am sure the ecu was not flashed. When I removed the seat the freaking bolts were so tight no one in their right mind would do that. I plan on doing the clutch at some point in time. But I don't get as described in 1st, 4th,5th,or 6th

·
Moderator,
8,248 Posts
I plan on doing the clutch at some point in time. But I don't get as described in 1st, 4th,5th,or 6th
I repeat - don't "do the clutch" just put in new springs. They are less than $20 for Barnett or EBC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its without a doubt the TRE . When removed it revs smooth, just not as quick. Thanks for all the help.:hail

1 - 12 of 12 Posts