TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, What type problems would I run into using just 1 radiator.(Possibly one the size that's on the TLS as opposed to the large lower one on the TLR. Would it jeoperdize cooling and overall running temp of the Tiller?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You mean eliminating the oiler cooler? I wouldn't do it. It's there for a good reason. Suzuki wouldn't have kept using that separate oil cooler on their liquid cooled bikes for over a decade without good reason. Especially in this current age of weight reduction at almost any cost. That system would have long been removed to save those precious pounds of weight by now.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i have a tlr engine in my tls with just the tls rad.
it sits at 82C on the open road and 84C on the track but it does heat up fast once i get into traffic because the oil heats the water faster than the water can lose it

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
With or without a separate oil cooler?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I guess it really depends.. over here it's a hot day when it's 25-30 degrees celcius. Even then warming up the engine takes a good 15 min riding. Some people already got rid of their second radiator (on R and S'ses). Can't see the problem if you ain't constantly trashing the thing!

If you don't trust it, ad some gauges to check!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Don't get confused with the operation.

TLR - 2 X Water radiators + 1 X Water cooled oil cooler (sits behind the filter).
TLS - 1 X Water radiator + 1 X Air to oil, oil cooler.

You'd have to be be mad eliminating the oil cooler off the TLS :dowhat At least when fitting TLR engines in TLS's the oil cooler is plumbed back up again.

·
Registered
945 Posts
im hoping to get away with a single rad
and just "loop" the lower cicuit off and back to the intake of the main rad

is it possible to just take off the cooling thingy between the engine and the oil filter and fit a TLS water pump cover???

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
is it possible to just take off the cooling thingy between the engine and the oil filter and fit a TLS water pump cover???
Up to you. But I wouldn't even consider losing any oil cooling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts