TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, as the title says, when it rains hard my TLR runs on one cylinder on and off. I have a Yoshi tail tidy fitted and i think water is getting at the CDI or something.
Has anyone had this problem,
PLEASE HELP!!

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
More likely water getting under the spark plug cap (rubber booty that seals where the lead meets the valve cover) , or the little drain getting clogged up.

·
Registered
457 Posts
More likely water getting under the spark plug cap (rubber booty that seals where the lead meets the valve cover) , or the little drain getting clogged up.
Yep what Ryno said :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep mine did this also, found out for myself was cause by a hole in drain of fuel tank and water was leaking into main fuel tank, blocked up the hole under fuel cap to test and all seamed fine after a few tanks of clean gas, ended up getting a new tank thou.

But as above says thats normal cause for most.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the pleasure of being caught in what they called a torrential downpour in Seattle. BIke started running on one cylinder, then I pulled in to a harley shop in Tacoma and the dude lent me a spot on his shop floor to check it out. Water leaked into the front plug boot. He reccomended di-electric grease around the plug boot. Never again had the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts