TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having done Mallory and Cadwell a few times, nobody pointed out that they are "slow" tracks - Silvers GP feels wider than the new section of the M25 and is bloody quick! And more fun than £105 should buy :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tinyUK said:
meant to ask... how did you get on? :devious
I spent the morning learning the track and inflating my nads. The afternoon was excellent - was passing instead of getting passed in the novices (will do inters next time). I had the suspension dialed in, in the morning and the bike was faultless all day. I think I have short knees though :dowhat

Because the track is so wide, there are a few corners where you can just keep the bike pinned and tip in at totally unreasonable speeds :hail I'll be back!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
you had great weather for it....

fitted the pilot powers to the 12 on sat... awesome :hail can hardly tell the difference between them and the racetecs! slightly slower turn in and i mean slightly...

so i take it from your short knees comment you didnt get a knee down then :devious
from following you the other night i can say that you are certainly leaning it over far enough to do so mate.. just need to scoot off the bike a bit more i recon :yes the way you pinned it on its side as we pulled onto the M3.. :hail :laugh

didnt get any probs with the noise of the pipe :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought I was hanging off, but as Saffie put it, I'm probably doing a Bayliss around the tank - I did get a touch going into the complex once, but only very briefly. Maybe I should get some fat wet weather sliders?

The 2CT's performed very well all day and didn't misbehave once - I even used the whole front tyre :)

The pipe sounds good on the road, and absolutely mental on the track - I had an instructor follow me for a few laps just to listen to it. Best sounding pipe I've heard.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
friday said:
I thought I was hanging off, but as Saffie put it, I'm probably doing a Bayliss around the tank - I did get a touch going into the complex once, but only very briefly. Maybe I should get some fat wet weather sliders?

The 2CT's performed very well all day and didn't misbehave once - I even used the whole front tyre :)

The pipe sounds good on the road, and absolutely mental on the track - I had an instructor follow me for a few laps just to listen to it. Best sounding pipe I've heard.
the instuctors want to follow you just to listen to how good your bike sounds... :hail :hail :laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
You're not doing anything to ease my jealousy Et :rant

Glad you had a good day, I enjoyed Silverstone too, was it scary getting on the power on the start finish straight, I always felt the bike would drift left off the camber nearly throwing you on the grass :scared
Like you say it is nice and wide, plenty of room to hide my/our ineptitude

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posh Johnny said:
You're not doing anything to ease my jealousy Et :rant

Glad you had a good day, I enjoyed Silverstone too, was it scary getting on the power on the start finish straight, I always felt the bike would drift left off the camber nearly throwing you on the grass :scared
Like you say it is nice and wide, plenty of room to hide my/our ineptitude
:) how about this then: we had to wait until 10am to start..? And had to ride through lunch to make up the lost time! Feeling any better? :devious

The trick with the start/finish straight is to go extra slow into the tight left hand part of the new chicane, and then keep left so that you can turn earlier onto the straight. I was dropping it onto its right side then picking it up on the throttle, mostly reving out in 4th before turning into turn 1, or just snicking 5th before braking for turn 1. The 750 turns so easily that I even cut back in a few times to overtake a few people.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Si...you be a FOOKING Virgin FULL STOP Matey!!!

:devious

:laugh

·
Registered
637 Posts

Stoooopid Boy Green!
Shouldnt scare the FOOK outta the Birds you wanna sha....errrr impress by taking them out on the TL first....do the deed then use the steed!Remember these words wisely!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
friday said:
Bud, if that's the case then it's definitely just body positioning. Otherwise we can lay you on the ground with a rope to your wrists and Yogi's bike and a rope from your ankles to my bike. Que doughnuts and voila - longer legs!!! :laugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts