TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the part number is for the sidestand switch for the TLR? Mine is going bad and I would like to replace it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unless you reall think you'll need it, pitch it... just short the wires together. Not sure what's more dangerous - a motor cutting out when you least expect it or a sidestand that (usually...) folds back anyway.

I'm sure there's enough people on here that'll give you theirs anyway (I'd give you mine but I think it went to the bin - I removed it when I took the sidestand off for the track).

·
Registered
392 Posts
take it off don't need it

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
ive got one for a TLS, welcome to it if they are the same.5:30 in the morning heading to work, not looking up part numbers.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
goeland_ said:
if you take it off, you have to put a 1N400 diode with right polarity

there's a diode in the sidestand switch
There is a diode in the switch but there's no need to duplicate it if you want to bypass the switch. Steve or les could probably explain why, but I can verify that simply bridging the wires at the side stand connector works just fine:thumbup

·
Registered
173 Posts
You're right, Bike pilot, the side stand works with simply bridging the wires. But on racetrack bikes with this modification, some have problems after few mounths with the sidestand relay ??? I don't know if there's a link but now i prefer switch with a small diode to protect this relay (it's also a very expensive parts, you can't buy it without the harness :-( )

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Problem solved...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
No need for the diode when eliminating the switch. There is one in the switch, but it's to protect the reed switch contacts from an arc when it opens and the side stand relay causes a spike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts