TLZone Forums banner

should we have a gixxer forum on this site?

• Yes, would be a good idea!

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • No.... This is a V twin site only!

Votes: 82 89.1%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope i don't get anyones nose out of joint with this thread but i thought if there was enough support for it then we may be able to convince the right people to add it in?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:no

The gixxer owners I've encountered so far are stupid. I wouldn't want to attract that sort here. :laugh

I'm a GSXR owner too, but its my track hack and I'm all TLR baby! :laugh

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean for the guys and girls from here that have turned to the darkside so they don't have to resort to becoming a member of gsxr.com!!!:laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

The gixxer owners I've encountered so far are stupid. I wouldn't want to attract that sort here. :laugh
I was stupid before I bought one. :crazy

P

·
0 Posts
A "other bikes" would be better as not all who trades their TL buys a Gixxer. There are as many that has bought the ZX10R, and a few R1's, and Im sure ther is a CBR1000RR lurker out there as well, not daring to stepfroward :laugh

I voted No. But I dont think it's a V-twin forum only.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Does not matter to me, I have no bikes. :cheers

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
There already is an "other bikes" where we talk SV's, Gixxers, KTM, Huskie, Honda, etc. A Gixxer forum is not necessary

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
It seems that the masses think the answer is no, however we do listen to you guys and if the answer is ever yes we may be able to hook you up. Now buy a hat.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
There already is an "other bikes" where we talk SV's, Gixxers, KTM, Huskie, Honda, etc. A Gixxer forum is not necessary
Interesting...when did the "and others...." get added onto the SV650/1000 forum? Don't know if I like that. I think the Suzuki twins should still be separate. Maybe an SV/Strom forum and then an "Other Bikes" forum. :O (note, even suzuki twin cruisers would go into the "Others")

I voted no. (hint...I own a gixxer too...in case you missed that. :lol)

However....how bout a dirt forum so me and BP can keep our posts out of your way? :O :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I like this man's thinking!

I suppose us dirty folk can continue to invade the motard zone, perhaps it will become the motard and off road zone - I don't like too many sub-forums and given that motard and off road bikes are largely the same I think its reasonable to keep their discussion in the same place:devious

·
14,150 Posts
:thumbup I'll start posting there instead of the general forum. :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm All for it, would bring more people with possible ideas of problems on fixing bikes, even could use the traider area for some items also. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...:bitchslap <=== lowey79...

·
Registered
676 Posts
This site is unique.

I hope I have twin daughters so I can name them Monique and Unique!

GSXR guys have a site though and most seem to bash the v-twin as being slow and being to low in HP. Personaly, I would still rather have a new RC-51 than a GSXR1000, just due to usable hp and tq, sound, in my opinion the look, and just to be different.

A TL is different so why make it like everyone else and include an i-4 portion?

I thought it was TL Zone? Not TL Zone and GSXR Zone.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts

·
14,150 Posts
We should have a section for ninja owners too.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I feel we should keep the TL uniqness(sp?) of this site. Create too many This-and-that-bike forums and TLZone might as well move again to BikeZone or whatever. It's actually the TL thing that has made this site (and the former TLP) what it is today.

I voted no for a specific gixxer forum, but create an Other Bikes forum or something if the demand is high.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts