TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of wheels from TLStreak and they had a sprocket on them. It is a 46 tooth rear! I thought of putting it on, but I wondered what size chain it would take? Any rocket scientists that can tell me the answer. Stock is 104 links with a 17/38. So this would be up 8 teeth in the rear. Wow. Might be fun to play with. Then go down one in the front, I bet it would just wheelie all day. :lol :coocoo

Definitely a G-Town Squid Squad, certified Squid-Mod :coocoo :banghead

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
ive got lots of extra gold did xring links if you need em.

imho it would be fun unless you were do fwy miles. :wheelie

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think that would take about 4 more links, or two if your talking about inside/outside pairs. When i got my bike it was 5 up on the rear and i hated it. 6th gear at 30 mph gets to be wayyy to much shifting. Was kind of fun to bump the throttle at idle and go straight up. More fun was watching the gixxer 1000 guys try to figure out how an old heavy bike had so much power at idle, when they were sure theirs had more.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
BTW I have a 16F you can have if you want to play. I didnt care for it, and have 2 17's and I think even a 15 or 14 off that setup.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You could always try it and then put on a 18T front if its too tall. You might even manage to improve the rear suspension action that way (it will change the chain torque effect and lessen the amount that the chain itself pushes on the swingarm if any).....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have been running a 45 tooth rear sprocket this whole summer and have to say if you do a lot of in town/city riding go for it man but if you do a freeway commute to work or whatnot u might want to hold off a bit and think about it.

i have a round trip commute to work of about 80+ MI and it got fairly annoying towards the end of summer. crusing at like 80 on the freeway puts you around 7000 RPM and trust me 45 min of 7K RPM on shorty pipes can just kill the ole ears.

other than that like it has been stated previously you'll have to watch your ass in first gear with that throttle. actually it was pretty funny but a while back i was going down a road and saw some mexican dude rolling down a side street in a el camino with air bags or hydraulics that was hopping as he drove just trying to show off. he wasn't going very fast or actually hopping all that high but i pulled next to him in first and matched him hop for hop for a little while. the look on his face was priceless. now that i think about it maybe that might be how i blew one of my fork seals LOL

·
Registered
909 Posts
actually it was pretty funny but a while back i was going down a road and saw some mexican dude rolling down a side street in a el camino with air bags or hydraulics that was hopping as he drove just trying to show off. he wasn't going very fast or actually hopping all that high but i pulled next to him in first and matched him hop for hop for a little while. the look on his face was priceless. now that i think about it maybe that might be how i blew one of my fork seals LOL
Nice Visual! That's pretty damn funny! :laugh

Doug, you're wheeling like a mofo now. No need to put a stunta' sprocket on there.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, but the track might be perfect geared like that except for having to swap chains it would be fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts