TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine is tellin me that he thinks his 2004 R6 can take my 03 TLR from a 2nd gear roll, at around 35-40, granted he is about 90-100lbs lighter than me, his bike has a micron slip on and thats it, i have joe v gutted pipes and a better rider.... what do you all think would happen? just a question, its probably not gonna happen i just wanna have some facts to back this up
thanks all
:O

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I can take my buddys TLR in every gear.. roll on or not .. and im on a 05 zx6rr mine is bone stock..me and him weight about the same, his bike has yosh slipons, airbox mod, one up in the rear sprocket, sissor gears removed, and he has removed alot of crap to make it a little lighter(if thats possible for a tl :laugh )...:O

FWIW

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that we would be around the same power but of course the tiller weights more and so do i but i thought i would just get some opinions :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ride the Tiller for the character and soul...:coocoo

The latest supersports have no soul!

Or if you are still determined to race, lose 100 lbs and check back:laugh

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I've had Two TLR's, (and put plenty of miles on them)... and dont miss them one bit now that im on a much more smoother, quieter,lighter and more reliable machine:)

but to each there own..

·
Registered
497 Posts
my buddy has a 05 gixer 600,and thought he would win in a race:laugh
so his buddy thought he could win on a cbr600rr:dowhat (he did):O

:laugh I still laugh at my buddy that has a gs 450,and wanted to race:laugh
:wheelie right by him beepin the horn:laugh
I even gave him a 10th mile start:lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
What speed are you starting out in for the 2nd gear roll ons?

You wanna win against the liter bikes? Do a 6th gear roll on contest to see who can get from 30mph to 80mph the fastest. TL will win.

On the highway I used to do 6th gear rollons against my friends 954. TL would immediately apply it's brute force grunt and pull on him...till he hit that I4 explosive power band and he'd come rolling right on by with a big smile on his face.

·
Registered
994 Posts
my wife has an '03 R6 and we have done roll ons and she on her bike is right there with me until 5th and 6th in the upper rpms where the tiller begins and continues to pull her.

our TLs are tame on the hp side when compared to todays 600s that have moderate mods but we have the torque and can be lazy.

:bwtiller :cheers

·
Registered
497 Posts
chopiesel said:
r1 is gona smoke the tiller. power to weight is everything in a drag race.
:yes But a gixxer 1k will smoke an R1:devious
Any how I thought this was an R6 he was asking about:O

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
2K_TLR said:
Any how I thought this was an R6 he was asking about:O
i just had to re read it...dont know how i read r1 first time.

well im 110 kilos, my mate is 90, he has an 02 r6 and my tiller smashes him.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I doubt it...My friend owned R6 that i own now and i smoked his ass everytime...Roll on and from a standing still...TL might not be the most appealing nor quickest machine but its surely does hold its own weight nicely...Yes i am more satisfied with the R6 than i ever was with the TL but its only because i look more than the straight line performance in a machine...and R6s have no fuel pump leaks:D...

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Um, the TL is no slouch round the corners. It's still a bike that can't be ridden 100% by 98% of us. Granted I traded mine for a 600 only because it does it easier and I can make it an entire session on a tight twisty track without becoming completely exhausted.

Oh, and mine never ever leaked gas out of the fuel pump gasket. And yes, I'd installed the gasket myself when I put the TL together.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
The TL should win as long as the R6 is caught below it's powerband. Get that Yammie above 10,000 rpm and all bets are off though.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
me and my buddy were playing and he has a 2005 gsxr600 and i won till he got up in the 10k range the i got passed....but for my bike being almost 10years old....its not bad

:hail TLS :hail

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
TLR = VTwin = power pulses with a gap = traction control = off corner hamfist survival

I need to get smoother before I can come out of a corner with the same kind of agressiveness. I'm going to crash my new machine if I don't.

Not that you had asked, but I'd win. :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
Opinions aren't going to change the outcome. If you really want to know why not just go do a roll on? What's the big deal? :confused

·
Registered
676 Posts
I ride with a guy who has an 05 R6 and another guy has an 02 R6. My TLS beats them both off the line from stop light to stop light. And as far as roll on power, we have done 3rd gear roll ons from 35 and the TLS destroys both of them. But if they keep the r's up, it is too close to call.

I am 200 lbs and they are both under 180 lbs, so they have a huge advantage right there. But when I make more torque at 4k than they make at peak, its not really fair to judge. All bikes do what they are intended to do, go fast, handle, confirm your girl friends mothers worst thoughts!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts