TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam thinking of shortening my exhaust cans ! a- D.I.Y job , just looking to pick peoples brains who may have done this before:devious and before anyone says " use the search button" i have and i could not really find anything- unless i did miss something.

Iam running Scorpion legal cans! but with the already shortened baffles they do sound better, but with them totaly removed they are just to dam loud :) So my thoughts are if i shorten them, for cosmetic purposes also i will get a bit more of a grunt too with my shortened baffels in? But will it be as easy as i think to cut and re-rivet + get a good seal:confused ,might take 5 inchs off them .

What are your guys/and girls views on this , any tips welcomed and stupid ones :laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
I think you will regret it, I would say it is this years fashion accessory, next seasn will be something else, what is wrong with full size anyway

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like the full size , but just thought it would be differant and sharpen the back end up:O if i didnt like them i could always by some more full size out of the house keeping :laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
surely you need all the size in the cans as poss to take the attention away from the fookin huge arse the TLR comes with as std :lol

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
surely you need all the size in the cans as poss to take the attention away from the fookin huge arse the TLR comes with as std :lol
:laugh maybe , but people are to busy dribbling over Vans clutch cover to worry about my arse (the bikes i mean)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
the guy who i bought these off shortened them, they are fookin loud though,
seems like quite a simple looking at what he did when i took them apart,

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy who i bought these off shortened them, they are fookin loud though,
seems like quite a simple looking at what he did when i took them apart,
I presume he did the cut at the stud end of the can ? and the seal at that end was the same as when they were full size ? I take it your cans are un-baffled race cans:O

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
i cut mine down and re-riveted, worked fine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
:stfu ignore these biggoted rants:laugh......theres nothing wrong with a big old ass.
and theres nowt wrong with stubby cans , they look the part and sound the dogs ********

1 - 10 of 10 Posts