TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok getting rather feed up of my TLR now…Dos anyone else have soggy horrible brakes? The brake leaver will pull to the bars without a huge amount of effort. So far I’ve striped and cleaned the callipers, changed pads and last night fitted braided lines, yet still the leaver is spongy. The brakes put down a fair amount of power but I hate the feel!

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking it must be the master cylinder now. I’m looking to replace it but I'm not sure what with, any suggestions? Would rather not use Suzuki stuff so far everything Suzuki has been crap :mad: I fitted GSXR 1000 6pot callipers to my ZXR750 and used the standard M/C what copped with 6pots fine, maybe give one of these ago?

Cheers
Rene

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got this, alot of travel at the lever, thought at first it was the m/c seals giving up as they looked a bit tired, so i got a rebuild kit and did it, the spongyness went away, but there was still too much travel. Busa calipers are on the way at the moment, with a 5/8th, so we'll see if that gives me the feel im after. Suspect i could have just rebuilt the calipers with new seals/pistons, and replaced the lines, but tis more expensive to do so

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
My original m/c felt that way,another one from a low mile bike and it's a different world.Now I understand how you can do stoppies on a TLR:pirate

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I know where you're coming from - I'm waiting for a 'busa m/c to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t "think" its the calipers as i had all the pistons out the other week and the seals seemed in good nick, there not leaking "noticeably" either. Can anyone tell me what make the standard M/C is? I'm thinking about trying a NISSIN one off a ZX7R.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nissin

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
As long as it fits and has the same or appropriate bore size.It does look pretty similar .Do you have yours to compare?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When i get home from work i'll have a look. If they are the same i might wip the one off my ZXR and stick it on the TL just to see if it helps matters

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
TLR has a 5/8" MC. It's cast on the body.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this on my TLS. Ive just finished putting a '05 Fireblade Nissin Radial Master cylinder on along with a new set of '05 Fireblade Goodridge braided lines. The lever is now ALOT more solid and should have alot more power and feel. I'm yet to ride it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
i had this sort of problem on another bike of mine

i replaced all seals in calipers new lines new seals in M/C in the end i got a mate of a mate to look at it he races and knows his stuff

turns out the bore on the M/C had worn new M/C and all was spot on :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers guys, going to sort myself out a new M/C luckly there bloody common so shouldnt be to expensive. My dream of the TL with at least average brakes continues...

Will report back once the the new M/C is on, if anyone else has some insites into it please let me know!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts