TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all .... had my Front fork seals done about 2 months ago and ever since , going over small ripple type bumps i get like a metal on metal hitting sound , over most normal bumps no prob even big single bumps/speed humps no prob ,
is this caused by to much oil maybe or the wrong grade of oil ...... the seals are fine though.....

The guys that done it said i should mess with the setting a little untill it go's away , but i recon there full of shit .....
Anyone had this prob before.......?

thanx

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Probaly not an oil problem. (unless there's none in it)

Check your brake disks and rivets etc. One of the rivets might be loose or the disk is moving on the carrier.

Steering stem bearings ok? Also make sure the brake line isn't hitting anything when the suspension is compressed. Even check you wiring looms up front, if one of those is flapping around it might make a strange noise if it can hit something when going over a bump etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked at most of that stuff / but will definatly give them another closer look over ...... The sound is like tapping a spanner on the top of the triple ....
checked the steering head bearings pretty thoroughly , no movement though.
It only started after the seals were done also....

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Can you bounce the forks, see if you get a smooth action. That almost sounds like it might be a spring / spacer issue :dunno

(Don't forget the rear either, when it starts playing up a bike 3km away will start to handle funny too.)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...coyo (another member) had a similar problem after having a shop install some Ohlins springs in his forks, turned out the springs were not installed centered and the shop re-did the work and everything turned out the second time...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah you can bounce them fine , as hard as you can , you can even ride slow and snap the front brakes on real qwik and there fine , its just over small ripple type bumps where the shocks have to travel a small distance up + down in fast succession ..... think i will be taking the beast back to the shop , just hope they dont try to jip me for more cash .... after this i will not be returning there .
I had my valve clearances done there first, found numerous loose bolts in fairing + tank and also one missing out of the seat .... after the shock seals the damper was also loose , and they have been in business for 20years ....
Its about the care factor though i guess......
thanx steve .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts