TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enquired with Aussie Post and DHL, but its expensive.

Two 10kg boxes to send to Germany is over $400.

Does anyone have any other suggestion on who I can enquire with?

Ruby

:O

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey,

let me know the cities/suburbs you are sending from and too and ill get you a rate.

cheers.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Don't think Ruby wants to deal with shipping stuff via a boat anymore! Remember that caliper debacle Ruby? Shipped Ruby a set of calipers from California via a slow boat from China & it took right around 10 weeks to get to him (instead of the 4 to 6 weeks quoted). Way, way too much grief for a savings of 30% or so...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. DOBALINA said:
Don't think Ruby wants to deal with shipping stuff via a boat anymore! Remember that caliper debacle Ruby? Shipped Ruby a set of calipers from California via a slow boat from China & it took right around 10 weeks to get to him (instead of the 4 to 6 weeks quoted). Way, way too much grief for a savings of 30% or so...
:stupid I hated it! :banghead

Marzzz, no boat, by air please, tracking for my German friend, from Adelaide to Hamburg, two boxes approx 10kg each about the size of archive boxes (65x45x30).

ruby

:thumbup

·
Registered
249 Posts
no no see for me either my wife works a FedEx and gets a discount.

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
boat to germany your looking at least 3 months ask bernhard :banghead he & i went through it.
i sent a very expencive bag that went across by boat (his choice) - crumpler camera bag made in oz (his wifes b/day present from him) with cash inside to pay for the 60mm exhaust headers he made for me.
it was a bit nail bighting to say the least.
but it got there by row boat i think :laugh

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Marzzzzzz said:
no no see for me either my wife works a FedEx and gets a discount.
Got a quote yet?

:O

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
...I sent a 36 lb box ~16 kg from my base PO in Japan to a base in Germany for ~$85...but then you'd have to get the box to me and the guys on the other end would have to agree to the rest of the logistics?...

·
Registered
249 Posts
wife i in the office 6am sunday she will get it then

cheers

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marzz, has the missus reported back to you yet :laugh

J/K

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
If you know anyone flying to the general area and not using up their quota for luggage you might could convince them to take it with them. I brought a bunch of books and a bicycle back from Oxford that way. Just packed them all in a huge cardboard box and checked it as oversized luggage (no extra charge btw). Got off the plane, retrieved my box and waddled through the airport with my monsterous box, suitcase and book bag:lol

When the aluminum framed CR250 first was released in japan (which was months before it was released in the states) dirt rider mag sent three guys with bit suit cases over to retrieve one. They went and purchased the bike at a dealer near the air port. Purchased tools. Took the bike apart in the parking lot, then brought it back in bits on the plane. Made for an excelent write-up and scooped all the other mags that way:)

have fun

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ruby said:
Marzz, has the missus reported back to you yet :laugh

J/K

im on the phone to her now. wont be long she's in the office. she forgot to do it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
ok,

you would have to send them to BNE so my miss can take them into work and send for you, also they will have to be address as though they are being sent by her(otherwise she can get into shit)

its about $160bucks from Brissy to Hamburg for both of them.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Marzzzzzz said:
im on the phone to her now. wont be long she's in the office. she forgot to do it.
Women! :laugh

Marzzzzzz said:
you would have to send them to BNE so my miss can take them into work and send for you, also they will have to be address as though they are being sent by her(otherwise she can get into shit)

its about $160bucks from Brissy to Hamburg for both of them.
Thats fantastic mate! :thumbup

PM me the exact address of where I need to post them to.

I'll also PM you the addy in Hamburg and let the buyer know the good news.

Thanks.

Ruby

:thumbup

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not!

Shut ya mouth, or I'll ship myself over there ... then you'll be sorry :rant

Any idea how much to ship a 82kg bloke? :lol

:laugh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.