TLZone Forums banner

She's Done and on the Road...take a peak StreetRatt

3K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  BritGeetar 
#1 ·
Got her last fall 1998 $750 18k.....not done that much but she's runnin 100% ....been out with all the Harleys today in Milwaukee

all this was on the cheap....not a show bike ...pure utility !!!
the list ....new bars, MX number plate with leds, braided brake a clutch line from Galfer,Motion pro throttle cables, risers, bars, bar end mirrors, trimmed wire harness resoldered the lot !!, gps ram mount, new tires, weep hole leak fixed, clutch push rod sv1000 seal, skateboard wheel sliders on front axle and rear spool, Seafoam coolant overflow bottle, exhaust bolt replaced the busted off one.....remounted and new lower radiator bracket plus interconnect....now its rock solid

here ya go
Before

And now

See less See more
#2 ·
Lookin good Brit Git:laugh, but I think you should lose batman/gasmask and go bak to the twin lights; good work tho, I love seeing projects come to fruition:). Mines not far off the 'post the piccies' stage, just need to fab an undertail and indercater/no. plate brackets.

#7 ·
Cheers lad.....trust me I waited til the first snow fall last year
and had a car to trade that I fixed up over the summer
its was all strategic....trust me...I looked at 13 bikes
this was the last one 32 F day....and the guy needed a car..BAD

and thus the deal went down.....I rode that thing away
like I had just robbed a bank.....yee harrr !!! :)

#10 ·
looks good dude
wtg
kajir
x

#11 ·
Have you got the little rubber boots that go on the air intakes? If not, there are a couple of TLR's getting parted out on the for sale forum. I think they look excellant....

Oh, and Imight, grudgingly, admit that the "mask" on the front might be growing on me:dowhat.

Goodonya mate, excellant functional funky bike:hail.

#13 ·
Yeah mate, they are the connection between the frame and the ram-air tubes. Get in now on the looking to sell and you might snag a pair....

#18 ·
Those mirrors look good, what kind are they? Do they work?

#21 ·
nice one :)

#24 ·
All vehicles have some kind of "face" and that fce usually has an expression. But that mask is pretty creepy IMHO; I don't think I'd want my bike to have that face LOL. But it is different. I'm still getting used to the type of streetfighter the speed triple was emulating, with two round lights. Sometimes I think just one big round light looks best. If I was doing a more modern streetfighter, I'd probably look into one of the stock roundish headlights with slanted glass at an angle, like on the new 2009 V-Max...I think there's some naked MV and maybe some Duc monster with an angled-front headlight too. Converted to HID though. I really like mixing up very traditional styling visual cues with more modern designs, like a modern tip of the hat to tradition. Like a HID projector with angel-eyes inside a '60's Bates headlight LOL.

#26 ·
I agree a bike has to have a face....but I see too many Skull and Grim Reaper decal bikes or cop out streetfighters where they think an Acerbis Cyclops is original ....and all mine is is a Dirtbike number plate and two Truck led turn signals ?.....and its creepy ?...cmon !!!

I'll tell ya what is creepy man.....just watched Harley's 105th parade....saw a couple riding a custom harley with a mini coffin as a trailer....that is creepy !!

Respectfully

Stephen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.