TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad did some minor testing on it.

OKay, She RUNS It has a slight miss but maybe the spark plugs or spark plug wires. :dunno

The FI light comes on but when we check it in dealer mode no code is displayed.

TPS still looks spot on.

I believe it has a leak in the oil cooler "I have a spare" It leaks at the left side bottom.

The Rad leaks. I don't have another one.

Other than that an exhaust leak, she's fine minus the broken bits, and the slight miss which is something with wiring I suppose or fire.

How wierd is this? She trip over to exactly 22000 miles. That's the mileage on the speedo. The speedo appears to function fine. Light's work, FI works etc.
Temp works. Just need to plastic weld a mount screw back on the rear of it.

See thread

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78162

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good to hear it still runs, as long as the FI light wasn't on because of a lack of oil pressure. :eek It's not just a FI fault that lights it up.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil level seems to be fine within the marks. Would the Oil Cooler with a leak make the FI come on. What else could we check for the oil pressure? Guess I could get the manual and thumb through it.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
The oil can will flash and the LED will be on if there's no oil pressure.

The display will flash HI and the LED will be on if it's a temperature problem.

The display will flash FI and the LED will be on if it's an EFI fault.

If you shut the ignition off before putting it into dealer mode you might have cleared the fault, you need to start it in dealer mode or put it into dealer mode without turning the ignition off so the ECU doesn't clear the fault to read it if it is an intermittant one.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you save flash to you flash on and off or light up.

The Oil can displayed and the FI led was on. The oil can did not flash" like on and off"

The section to test oil pressure is in the manual at 2-26

Need to buy a pressure gauge. It stated to check the Oil Pressure Circuit. :dunno

I did not keep it running long.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I thought it flashed, but it might stay on instead, can't remember it's been a couple of months now (and I only had the bike for 7.5 years):)

Double check the crash didn't damage the wire to the pressure switch, it might be shorting out causing the oil can to come on.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. Just have to find it thumbing through manual now.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
The oil pressure switch is on the right hand side, down the bottom, screwed into the block near the oil filter and cooler.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I found it in the manual. I can't get down that low yet so maybe my dad will help me check some basics tomorrow. I read in the manual the cases have to be separated to replace/clean the oil pump. To do that you have to remove the engine. I hope that is not the issue. I think I'll get the gauge and test for Oil pressure first. I did not have an issue with this before so I'm thinking/hoping the Oil Cooler is the fault. At least I hope so.

The oil level seems to be within the two marks from what I can tell. I'll have someone double check it. How long should I run it while testing for this stuff?

When the bike misses the FI light comes on but no code displayed in dealer mode.

Sounds like a cylinder coming in and out.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You have it in dealer mode while it's running? That's the best way to check.

The crash shouldn't have affected anything but your oil can is staying on while it is running? It is ok for it to be on when the engine is not running.

If you can get an oil pressure gauge, the pressure should start to come up while it is cranking and be at full presure nearly right away after it has fired.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dad came over and looked at the bike again. With a flashlight we could see the bikes oil level, it was low. This explains the oil pan light :>) Soultion add oil Light goes off.

Steve you are correct it flashes. Anyways, after careful inspection of the oil cooler the hoses and the bolts. Dad noticed the oil cooler bolt was lose, "you could turn it with your finger" tighten the bolt…problem solved. This fixed the leak. The accident must have knocked it lose. Then again maybe it vibrated lose.

Oil cooler is not damaged as previously thought.

The miss. Well, its spark plug related. We reseated the plug wire to the plug and it cleared up. Miss reset plug wire= no miss. Perhaps the Rad push it out of alignment.

Closer inspection determine the right clip on is bent downward.

With that said I’m confident the motor is fine. Fires right up.

Exhaust leak, :yes because my exhaust system is pieced together.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Wish I had an extra $1500, I'd be all over that.
Glad to hear she's still running!!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She runs goood, and waiting for a new owner.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I'm in the same boat...maybe if you still have it come spring...:devious

1 - 16 of 16 Posts