TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a decent place that I can have the TL serviced in Northampton or surrounding area?

I used to have mine done at the Suzuki dealers in Lincoln (B&B Suzuki - great service) where i used to live but having now moved to Northampton, I dont really want to ride back there just for a service.

Want doing:
Exhaust gaskets
Headstock bearings
Front wheel bearings
Valve train service
Caliper service

She's currently off the road, and am looking to have her serviced and possibly MOT'd during the winter months so when spring comes I can just fill her up and go!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Hooti is also from that area he may know of a shop. But just like Zippie said Give Sparky a shout, he is up near Walsall and Hooti's TL is currently in Sparky's garage.
Sparky is even helping me mod my TL here! :thumbup

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Yes dude have a word with sparky. He is doing all my work mate. Are you in northampton dude. I live in rushden.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm not far off in Brackley... if you need any help or guidance give us a shout.
I don't know any local places to take bikes to who I can trust. I do things myself or rely on people like Marky to help when help is needed.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
There's always Bikers world in daventry. Always been very helpful there but ive not had a service done there so can't vouch for them on that front. At least they are a Suzuki dealer

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
^^ forgot about them. Never used them though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys,

I had a look at bikers world a few days ago but they don't list a service department.
It's one of those things that I would love to do more work on my bike, but the last few years I just don't have the time and with the weather this time of year and no garage to do the work in it's just easier to take it somewhere and pick it up when it's ready.

I've already bought the bearings for the front wheel and headstock, and have the exhaust gasket set (that thick graphite ring and that little brass(?) one) as I was going to do it months ago but searching for a job during the week and spending time with the girlfriend at the weekend really just put a stop to it.
Plus with the bike being my only form of transport I couldnt really take it off the road.
During the winter months it goes into storage and I pick up a cheap car, so the bike can now be maintained without having to take time off work.

Mark,
You can be sure I'll arrange something early on in the new year (car MOT runs out in march so want the bike servied, MOT'd and back on the road by then).

Cheers!

Happy Xmas and merry new year to you all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
matt if it helps bring it here asap if u like save on storage costs
loads of room here dude
Cool, thanks Mark.
Storage is paid monthly, and is currently paid until end of Jan. If the offer is still available, I'll sort it out closer to the time.
Cheers!

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Matt if your going over to sparkles on the bike and need to leave it there, let me know when your going and ill give ya a lift back dude. I only live down the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts