TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now you've all surely seen that TLZ has been down since Thursday. The short version of the story is that we had a problem with the server, which say us lose the live version of the site, as well as the backups.

I'm pretty gutted right now, as it looks like the site is a total loss (I'm looking into shipping the hard drives off to a data recovery service, and paying out the nose to have them scrape the 1's and 0's off the drives so we can get the files back, but I'm don't want to get my hopes up on this option).

So what you're seeing right now is the site, without any member accounts, threads, or posts. Yeah...we have to start all over. It sucks big-time, and it'll take a few days (more likely weeks) to get everything the way we want it, so pardon the dust. If the server goes down again, it's probably because we're fixing something, or doing something behind the scenes, just bear with us.

On the bright side, this has forced us to finally upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin...which is pretty nice.

Post up bugs, suggestions, and general "crashtd you suck" comments either in this thread or in the Suggestion forum.

ps. FAIR WARNING: If we get really lucky, and the old files are recovered, there's a possibility anything posted this week could be lost. We'll try not to let that happen, but hey we know how that goes...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Didn't know if I needed to re-sign up or not, so I did. If you need anything from me that could possibly help the situation, I'm here (as are a lot of others).

I know you're busy as heck... good luck, and thanks for working so hard to bring it all back! :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yep, big thanks for all the hard work and effort.:cool:

Edit: Shit, I just realized I didn't capitalize the "S" in my user. If you have a change (If you don't, don't worry about it), could you change it?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yep, big thanks for all the hard work and effort.:cool:

Edit: Shit, I just realized I didn't capitalize the "S" in my user. If you have a change (If you don't, don't worry about it), could you change it?
LOL... the first problem child! :)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
LOL... the first problem child! :)
I know, I know. I gets me though. I was trying to make it capitalized and the stupid browser must have changed it (from user/PW memory).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I know, I know. I gets me though. I was trying to make it capitalized and the stupid browser must have changed it (from user/PW memory).
Use whatever excuse you want... we hadn't hit 20 members yet and one is already screwing it all up. LOL

J/K mate... I'm so happy it's all coming back online...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Use whatever excuse you want... we hadn't hit 20 members yet and one is already screwing it all up. LOL

J/K mate... I'm so happy it's all coming back online...
I know, same here. It wouldn't be teh interwebz if someone didn't screw something up.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Taking the post lead... then heading to bed.

I'm the top poster on TLZ!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey, I made it back in. Hi all!!
I should probably take this opportunity to change my screen name huh??
why? you got something to hide.......??

·
Super Moderator,
2,653 Posts
why? you got something to hide.......??
Haha...nah mate. I am "Sticka" on nearly every other forum that I am on. I just never got around to changing it here.
I will PM crashtd at a later date....he has more important things to deal with right now.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Glad to see it back online. Perhaps there is a previous owner or something that has an old back-up file lying around? That way we'd only need to start over from whatever years back.. Just a thought.

Btw, I kinda like the new, clean design of it too! Minimalist! :laugh

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
We need some paint on the walls, kinda bright and bare in here, like moving into a new house LOL

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Well thanks for the hard work getting us all back online,Chams the name,the newest newbie for a few minutes i expect,lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts