TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another crazy race! :hail :hail :hail

It becomes more and more interesting after this race.... :coocoo

I had to :hail for Pedrosa. Remember he has an injured knee and he rode like hell...

:pissright Hayden

·
Registered
994 Posts
:hail :thumbup :banana :bwtiller :cheers yeayea, I know that is one of the best races I have seen in a long time and I am happy as to the outcome.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Was a good race, I like NH and think he will continue to make progress and become faster on the tracks he's riding. Ped. has been on them for a few years before GP and the Ossi brothers have been on them forever now. Knowing every track has to have an advantage coming out of the 250's. Will be a great last few to watch. Anything can happen. They are all great riders, I still love to watch Rossi more than any. When he leaves the scene, it will have lost one of its most valuable auidence attractions.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
NH has ridden the tracks, he knows his way around Sepang. He had the lap record until yesterday. When your rookie team mate beats you even though he has broken bones and a stitched up hole in his knee that opened up during the race it's got to hurt.

I don't like Hayden and I don't think he deserves what is arguably the No1 bike. Boot him to a satellite team and let some one else at it.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Did the boring robot smile this time? :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Pedrosa wasn't interviewed, he was wheeled off to the medical centre, the stitched wound in his knee opened up or something.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
rode them for 3 years, how many races does pedrosa have on them total. Rookie to the big bike , not rookie to the circuit. He probably knew his race lines before hayden left AMA. He does great at Seca...hmm wonder why.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Pedrosa started in 2001 on the 125's IIRC. He might have 2 extra visits to each track on different bikes. It is his rookie season on the big banger, the bike they said he was too small and light (47kg / ~104lbs) to be able to control. Hayden started on the big bangers in 2003. Hayden knows his way around Sepang, he set the lap record there last year during the GP.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
pedrosa has been on the circuit since 01, I just went and read his sheet. My point is hes been racing and practicing on the circuit for 5 years, 2 years more than Hayden. Frome what I understand there is another 250 rider being bumped next season. How much you want to bet he will be a front runner right off the bat too. Knowing each circuit from racing it on a smaller bike wide open has to have an advantage.

Chris Vermulin is a great rider from WSBK, and he isnt doing shit either until you put him on a track he has history on. Was one of the biggest threats at Seca because the WSBK had been racing there. Hopkins has been there since 02 and IMO hasnt proven shit but he keeps saying im Hunger........well go eat before the interveiw:coocoo

Stoner another bump from the 250 series been out there since 02, riding 125 prior to for a season at least before the 250 class.

Making the jump is probably hard, staying on familar tracks making the jump has to make it a little easier. All the riders have talent theres no doubt. Hayden in his 3rd year picks up more speed each season. Where the 250 history of his team mates and other riders gives them a track advantage with more time on every track prior to the larger bikes.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
have to agree with Steve Hayden is a soft cock come from ama super bike tittle win straight onto factory honda moto gp bike and what 3 years now and only 3 wins and one was just pure luck at assen the only time ive seen him show how good he could be is when has won his home gp if he wins the tittle and i hope he dont he needs to win every race from here on in and he should **** the guy is on the best bike in the padock he is probly lucky pedrosa and rossi have had a few offs or one of them would be the one leading the tittle not hayden

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I dont see him wining this year. He WILL be a threat. He is a very strong rider. He didnt just win the title on AMA superbike , he did it on the 600 too at the same time. He is a tough rider.

One of the Brit boys came over here to clinch the AMA title on the back of a ducati. "they brought me here to win races" He aint doing shit. I dont even think he has seen a podium yet in his second season.

I dont care for Pesrosa. He carries speed but he is going to continue to wreck and will take someone out here eventually with his wreckless shit he pulls.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
Pedrosa is already a world champion and is the complete package, severly lacking in personality though. I just can't see Hayden ever beeing good enough to be a World Champion. Have you heard his post race interviews? He's not tough enough. Shit, this weekend he wouldn't even talk.

I did this comparison back before the Mugello round. Biaggi had better results and still was never good enough.

Rossi going into Mugello

GP victories: 54 x MotoGP/500cc
GP starts: 102 x MotoGP/500cc

Biaggi today - as he's retired

GP victories: 13 x MotoGP/500cc
GP starts: 78 x MotoGP/500cc

Hayden:

GP victories: 2
GP Starts: ?? (50?) - (now more than 50)

Add Pedrosa to that, hasn;lt done a full season yet and rivals Hayden for wins.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
TLstreak said:
I dont see him wining this year. He WILL be a threat. He is a very strong rider. He didnt just win the title on AMA superbike , he did it on the 600 too at the same time. He is a tough rider.

One of the Brit boys came over here to clinch the AMA title on the back of a ducati. "they brought me here to win races" He aint doing shit. I dont even think he has seen a podium yet in his second season.

I dont care for Pesrosa. He carries speed but he is going to continue to wreck and will take someone out here eventually with his wreckless shit he pulls.

the point about him not winning because he is getting used to the tracks is just plane shit for a man off his talent troy corser won the 1994 ama superbike tittle on his first go on tracks he had never been before on a non factory ducati

pedrosa will be a motogp world camp from what i have seen he rides just like rossi did when he rode a 125/250/500 ive got lots off old tapes when rossi rode the 2 strokes and he did some dumb shit at times look at rossi at 17/18/19/21 years off age to how he rides now was great early one but very silly at times with his rideing and timeing now he is a older he has lots of control and nows what he can and cant get away with you have to remember pedrosa is still only what 21 i think if anyone can beat rossi or break or get close to his motogp records pedrosa will be the one to do it 3 world tittle's and he is only 21 and running 2nd in his first motogp seasons

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That was one crazy fight for the lead. These crazy Italians :hail :hail :hail but in a good way crazy :thumbup These two mads approaching the last corner was more action than the whole last F1 season :laugh

Good to see Rossi and Capirossi had fun. If it was Gibernau fighting with Rossi, he would have complained that Rossi touched him, overtook him unfair and so on. Capirossi just had fun and made a great race :)

Oh and Pedrosa deserves respect. He couldn't walk but he could drive to 3rd place. Holy crap.

The 125 race was a bit confusing.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Did anyone get up to watch the Sepang GP? I've got to say that it was one of the best races i've ever seen.... Especially the way Rossi backed it into the last corner.... now that is right on the edge:hail :devious
Top effort from Cappirossi aswell!

Although the 125 crash was incredibly nasty!

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW, I couldn't sit down for the last few laps... I just hope Phillip Island brings some close racing! I haven't been there since the last time the 500's were there, and I sure as hell won't forget that weekend! Now I'm there for the last of the 990's! I am one of those end of an era style people :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Incredible racing there at the end. :hail

And for those of you holding a grudge against Nicky, maybe he didn't earn the ride in the usual manner but you can't blaim him for accepting it. And listen closely, he doesn't make excuses - a rare thing. He basically said the guys in front of him at Sapang were just faster. Period. That's not something you hear very often and must hurt to say.

I'm not a fan of Pedrosa but it's hard not to give him props. He's done a hell of a job this year.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Well, I DVR'ed the race and just watched it yesterday. I refused to look at this thread until I had seen the race.

Rossi/Cappirossi = :hail One of the best races of the season no doubt.

Hayden....I was never a Hayden fan, any of them really. I couldn't stand Nicky in AMA, but I am a Suzuki guy at heart and he won on that damn RC-51 thing so that was a big reason I detested him so.

Now you guys think about the big picture for a minute. WHY is Hayden in MotoGP on the Factory Honda? Because it sells Honda's in the USA, he does have talent to run with the big boys, but he sells bikes to Americans, that is why he is there. Just like Pedrosa sells to Spain and so on and so forth. You have to have the ability to at least run in the top 6-8, but after that it is about $$ and nothing else. My .02

Hopkins, very talented rider on a sub par machine since he got to MotoGP. Watch him in 07 when they go to 800cc bikes. Suzuki has a jump on that displacement and I bet he wins some races, far more talent that Hayden or Stoner, probably close to Pedrosa level of talent IMHO.

·
Registered
433 Posts
amazing freaking race...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts