TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all the coolest nakey bikes, for us hooligans out there. Twelve bikes: Honda 919, Kawi Z1000, SV1000, FZ1, BMW K1200R, Buell Ulysses, KTM 950sm, Duc Monster, Moto Guzzi Griso, Priller' Tuono, and the pimp MV Brutale 910r. Definately got me wanting a Speed Triple or Tuono, but I've been having a thing for the Kawi Z1000 since seeing one live the other day. Anyway, cool writeup!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, sitting under my coffee table with that article already read a few days ago. :thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I would love to see an article on modding the FZ-1. Somehow I think some exhaust therapy and a PCIII remap would do wonders for that bike. That and a fender eliminator out back :devious

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
We had a new fz1 at the shop (traxxion) this week. It looks pretty sweet in person. Seems pretty comfy, real short reach to the bars. It had a pipe, pc and a custom map. We have an fz1 nut at the shop and he rode it and is all ready to trade up. Says the fuel delivery system is perfect. The forks are weird, one fork does compression damping and the other one does rebound. We revalved it and made it work really well. The cool thing is you need half as many valves so its cheaper to revalve. We put a penske on the back and the suspension is now really nice.

I wish we got the fully naked one over here, not too into the half fairing thing.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I really like the looks and idea of the Uly, if they'd make one with a decent motor and fuel capacity I'd have to have one:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah, it does look pretty cool:thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
We had a new fz1 at the shop (traxxion) this week. It looks pretty sweet in person
I would love to ride that bike. I like the style and the comfy ergos. I've had my TLS for 10 years and the call of something newer is there. Truth be told, I could use a few more ponies here in thin air land Colorado too. Damn, I would just miss the TL throb and sound too much though. Choices choices.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
danny never said:
We had a new fz1 at the shop (traxxion) this week. It looks pretty sweet in person. Seems pretty comfy, real short reach to the bars. It had a pipe, pc and a custom map. We have an fz1 nut at the shop and he rode it and is all ready to trade up. Says the fuel delivery system is perfect. The forks are weird, one fork does compression damping and the other one does rebound. We revalved it and made it work really well. The cool thing is you need half as many valves so its cheaper to revalve. We put a penske on the back and the suspension is now really nice.

I wish we got the fully naked one over here, not too into the half fairing thing.
I didn't know you worked for Max, cool.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
BNC said:
have you seen the ktm 950 enduro, it is right up your alley Josh:devious
Yeah, I like the idea a lot, but its got enough issues that I'm not badly tempted to refinance the house:)

IMO they need to make it lighter (a lot), add more fuel capacity, tune up the motor so it runs like a liter twin should and do something so its not so ugly. Anyway, I applaud the effort but would have done things a bit differently had I been on the design team:)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Our resident FZ1 nut who was never gonna sell his first gen FZ1 (tricked out with Traxxion worked forks and a Penske) just put it up for sale so he can buy the new one.

The ergos are really good on it, but i would miss the TL throb too.

Ryno,
I've been working for Max since Jan 1st. Its a cool place to work. Despite what Max might seem like on the internets, he's a great boss, and it's great being around a true suspension guru all the time.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I met Max years ago when he was just getting started.
He probably wouldn't remember me, but I used to work for a company called Sport Cycle. We'd see Max at the track quite a bit. Always seemed like a good guy.

·
Registered
546 Posts
What no links?

You guys are slackin:laugh

You would think it is the end of the summer and the ZONErs would just rather ride than play puter geek:laugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts