TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for it and i know people have used it before, but my question is how have people used it? In my car, they say to feed it through a vacuum hose and then put some in the gas tank and then the valve cover, i did this all pretty easily...but for the TL is there a certain vacuum i should use to make it more effective? and if i put the seafoam in the oil fill, will it be safe for my clutch? How should i go about using the stuff?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I used it through the tank before, but one time when sync'ing the TB's I also used those same vacuum lines to VERY slowly run it through the engine. With it running I used the fast idle lever to bring the idle up slightly, then pour some seafoam into the cap, and then just barely let one of the vacuum lines suck up a little at a time. Ran a capful through one cylinder then did the other. This wasn't to correct a problem, so didn't notice a big difference. Just wanted to keep things clean in there. If you do this, I highly suggest good ventilation. That exhaust is gonna be real bad.

I wouldn't put it in your oil.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how much of it should i use in my bike then? a capfull for each TB and then half a bottleish into the tank? I haven't went out and bought it yet and i cant remember the ratio to mix since it's been a while since i've used it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have no idea how much to use in the bike, but this stuff works wonders in my car! If I were to put some in the bike I wouldn't put much more than half a bottle since the tank is so much smaller than the tank on a car.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...never heard of it, what does it do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do the seafoam thing to my truck and the wife's car

If you have been using high octane fuel you will not see a big improvement, but if you use the cheap stuff it will clean the injectors (so they claim)

On the truck I use the vacuum line to the brake booster for the intake part

Just let it SLOWLY suck up about 1/3 the can. The other I put in the gas tank

When you do the intake part, ventilation is highly recommended. Lots of white smoke from the exhaust from my truck!

I mean lots

My friend thought he had blown a head gasket because of so much smoke when he did his car. And it took about 45 minutes to stop!!

My guess would be use the 1/3 can for the injectors and only use about ¼ can for the tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts