TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I haven't tried their current stuff, but historically they have been extremely heavy so check that first.

There's another lid with the second sun visor now, but I can't recall which one:confused

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
The weight is listed.
Weight & standard
Weight:

1.525 Grammes of pure performance including sun visor

Standard:
ECE-R 22.05
My Arai RX-7RR3 is 1.520kg, so the Schubert isn't that heavy.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very good. I tried one once that was over 5lbs:scared

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
2260g+ :eek That is heavy.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
they will be my next lid, normaly go for arai but they are so bloody loud!!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
They've got a carbon one that is a couple of hundred grams lighter again.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I saw that, pretty sweet:drool

·
Registered
621 Posts
i was looking for a new lid not so long ago,,,, and shuberth was my first choice,,,, untill i did some digging and found out about the sunvisor part.... (they may have changed it/made it better now)

but they have a moulding fault with the lens, and when you put one on and look through it and move your head side to side, you can sometimes get a vertical distortion that can REALLY put you off when you are riding as it makes a small area of your vision blurred.

the outside lens is ok, but the inside visor has the problem, and as that is one of the main extras of the lid, it was a big concern for me.

They are meant to be the quietest lids on the market,, but upon testing one,,,, i think my Arai is quieter,,,, personal choice probably.
plus i found for my head shape the Arai i now have was more comfortable.

I went to loads of shops and tried on loads of lids though,, and had them on in the shop for at least 10 mins, to make sure they werent too tight anywhere

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
hi kamikuza

i had a bmw system 5 the flip front version which is made by schuberth for bmw and it was fantastic i bought it due to touring with the ex missus and because i had an autocom pro ride communication system that fitted straight into the helmet.

i found it to be very quite on the motorway at crusing speed around 80ish and found it easy to talk to the pillion whilst wearing the helmet that i had to turn the talk sensor down on the autocom unit.

the quality and durability is amazing i agree with what someone said it does fell slightly heavier to my caberg which i have now but i wouldnt hesitate to buy another when my helmet gets alittle older.

hope this helps

·
Registered
262 Posts
My girlfriend has the HJC IS-16 with the flip down visor. Those visors work really well.
It reminds me of a top gun fighter.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I have two with sun visors in, one is a HJC the other is a Caberg. couldn't tell you which models though.

Not sports bike helmets by any stretch, both have flip up fronts.
Very good idea, however I wish they would make the sun visors 1/2" longer, to stop the bugs ending up in my mouth when the main visor is open, they get channelled straight in. :laugh

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the HJC fs-10 with the tinted inner, I read in a mag review they have an improved one with a larger tinted bit, as they had some complaints about it being too short and causing issues with some people, I've had no probs with it, although I think it's a bit loud, they also make a front flip version.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A few things:

Schuberth

They are pretty much all really heavy except for the R1

I had a Caberg with the in helmet visor, and while they get poor reviews for clarity, I found it to be an excellent compromise for street riding.

If you are considering these (and the Schuberth price point is not low) you may want to consider the Akuma helmets which, I believe, are now employing a powered photochromatic visor (changes from clear to tinted with a flip switch)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I tried the Schuberth R1 and S1 and was pretty amazed. First thing I noticed is that they are MUCH more quiet than my AGV. The sun visor is really useful on the road with changing light (we have a lot of tunnels).

Why I didn't buy one: Beause it doesn't perfectly fit my head. And because I wanted a helmet suitable for racing and road, and for this I prefer some grams less over the sun visor.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I noticed that evertime I look at this thread ... I think I started it after seeing the helmet on Discovery Channel and only pronounced, not written :D
I know about the Akuma but you won't be able to get them here ... and I like the wanky visor :laugh
Fit is going to be a problem ...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts