TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for a Palomar run?!
This saturday, we'll meet up at the Chevron/Ortega (east side of the 5fwy) 8:00
Meeting up with a few more in Oceanside...

Julian for lunch, along with a couple runs at Banner!:)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
hmmm, too far south for me

·
Registered
55 Posts
Be careful up there...

Link To Orginal story..

Gotta go read the reader comments!

PALOMAR MOUNTAIN ---- Twenty-three motorists were cited during a period of "zero tolerance" enforcement on Palomar Mountain on Sunday, a California Highway Patrol officer said.

The CHP used a plane and nine units of officers, as well as three sheriff's units, during several hours to crack down on speeding and reckless driving on the mountain, which has "problems every weekend," Sgt. Scott Payson said.

No accidents were reported during the enforcement period, CHP officer Tom Kerns said.

The mountain's windy roads are a popular spot for motorcyclists to congregate, and "there's total disregard on both sides" as cars and motorcycles compete for the road, Payson said.

However, the patrols successfully decrease speeding and accidents when officers "are out and about," and motorists know they are being monitored, Kerns said.

The enforcement is provided by grant money that allows overtime for sporadic patrols, Kerns said.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was planning on taking a ride up that way this weekend. Do you think that the cops will be patrolling there this weekend? Probably since it's Thanksgiving weekend... Who am I kidding, I'd probably get cited for going too slow!!!

Hey interpol, you wouldn't happen to ride a Yellow Tiller? I saw one riding on Nobel by UTC. Was that you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts