TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 TL1000R that's been sitting for years and have someone interested, but have no clue where to even price it. (I have the fairings and Yoshimura exhaust.) Any help is much appreciated!
20200708_020535.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-014718_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-014738_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-014803_Photos.jpg

·
Registered
528 Posts
Please don't take offense to this since you are asking. It appears as though you are near the water, salt water. Also the bike looks as though a lot of it has corrosion issues and bodywork that needs work or replacement. How many miles are on the bike? As it sits, I think you might be lucky to get $800-$1000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Please don't take offense to this since you are asking. It appears as though you are near the water, salt water. Also the bike looks as though a lot of it has corrosion issues and bodywork that needs work or replacement. How many miles are on th
I have a '99 TL1000R that's been sitting for years and have someone interested, but have no clue where to even price it. (I have the fairings and Yoshimura exhaust.) Any help is much appreciated! View attachment 65170 View attachment 65171 View attachment 65172 View attachment 65173

I bought this a few weeks ago for $4000. Only has 9,253 miles and 1 owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please don't take offense to this since you are asking. It appears as though you are near the water, salt water. Also the bike looks as though a lot of it has corrosion issues and bodywork that needs work or replacement. How many miles are on the bike? As it sits, I think you might be lucky to get $800-$1000.
No offense taken at all, I appreciate the feedback. I'm not by the sea, it's just been sitting uncovered for years and years. There are 17,685 miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine with about 5000 miles less for $1500 with a bad fuel pump. I’d love to have those seats for mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just had mine listed on letgo for about half the day for $1900 and guys were knocking little old ladys over to get in line for it. And it still needs some love for the cosmetics. Thankfully i came to my senses after i took it out and rode it twice today. Id rather be homeless with my TL than TLless and homeThat
Yours honestly doesn't look too bad to me. i take it youre not the wrenching type? If you could flush all fluids especially the fuel tank, lines and get it running i dont see why you couldnt get a grand or a little better for it. I dont know where the other guy saw the corrosion... i mean 90% is either aluminum, magnesium or plastic not much to corode.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just had mine listed on letgo for about half the day for $1900 and guys were knocking little old ladys over to get in line for it. And it still needs some love for the cosmetics. Thankfully i came to my senses after i took it out and rode it twice today. Id rather be homeless with my TL than TLless and homeThat
Yours honestly doesn't look too bad to me. i take it youre not the wrenching type? If you could flush all fluids especially the fuel tank, lines and get it running i dont see why you couldnt get a grand or a little better for it. I dont know where the other guy saw the corrosion... i mean 90% is either aluminum, magnesium or plastic not much to corode.
I know nothing about bikes. I bought it for my ex-husband and ended up keeping it. I have no desire to put money into it. I would just like it gone at this point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know nothing about bikes. I bought it for my ex-husband and ended up keeping it. I have no desire to put money into it. I would just like it gone at this point.
Where are you located? Yours has some stuff mine needs. Lol. Id do some strange things to get my hands on those ram air cowls.
The way it sits its a fair $1000 bike. I mean you cant buy a decent engine for ine of these for much less than that let alone the whole bike. If youre near PA i know several people that would take it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know! I actually had some guy offer a $100 for it😑 Unfortunately, I am all the way in CA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts