TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on CNN they stretched his neck ... they don't mess around over there do they. Remind to stay here :eek

I hope at the end, he felt all the fear & depression like his victims did.

But ... rather than a simple execution, I'd rather seen him out there in a ball & chain rebuilding Kurdish houses or sewer systems etc.

·
Registered
568 Posts
:clap :clap :clap
:cheers

:pissright SADAM

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
But ... rather than a simple execution, I'd rather seen him out there in a ball & chain rebuilding Kurdish houses or sewer systems etc.
Only issue with that is the possibilty of escape and attempting to regain control. Personally, I have zero faith in the abilities of the Iraq military and police. Utter inability to stand up to the US military (twice under Saddam) and then to make any notable progress to enforce any form of control post his era indicates to me all the want and desire to govern themselves doesn't give for the ability. I could just see him escaping and trying to take over again, he did have plenty of people who supported him.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
At least the new government is energy conscious, being that they hung him. I still think he got off easy.
Ken

·
Registered
871 Posts
i agree with nycstripes! he got off easy thay should have turtured him for years then killed him very slowly! :rant

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
yup got off real easy in my book!! but then again we wouldnt be any better than him if we tourcherd him like he did his own people.he is where he belongs and cant hurt the people of iraq..now its time for to step up and take over there own security so we can bring our troops home..time to sink or swim!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hrm...I wonder if he will move in with Satan like in South Park....lol

Glad to see he is not breathing my air anymore.

More Air = More power for the TLS!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
And not a moment too soon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Finally met his maker..... heres some of his last words, maybe in death he finally woke up;:O

"Remember that God has enabled you to become an example of love, forgiveness and brotherly co-existence...

"I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave a space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking and keeps away one from balanced thinking and making the right choice ...

"I also call on you not to hate the peoples of the other countries that attacked us and differentiate between the decision-makers and peoples...

read the whole letter here; http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,,20990518-5001021,00.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
have any of you seen souothpark..?? :lol now the Devil is very happy since his gay friend has finaly made it down there for real..
I can't wait for what they make up from this!!

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
I can't wait for what they make up from this!!

Yes I too am anxiously awaiting that episode.

If anyone is interested they have the actual excecution on ogrish.
It was taken with a cell phone so the quality isn't great but you do get to see him fall and there are a few brief glimpses of his face afterwards.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Off to hell he goes and a good job to.......just wonder how many innocent people will die because of it...........his sick followers are bound to go on a rampage and extract revenge as they see it..........:coocoo

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Finally met his maker..... heres some of his last words, maybe in death he finally woke up;

"Remember that God has enabled you to become an example of love, forgiveness and brotherly co-existence...

"I call on you not to hate because hate does not leave a space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking and keeps away one from balanced thinking and making the right choice ...

"I also call on you not to hate the peoples of the other countries that attacked us and differentiate between the decision-makers and peoples...
Interestingly, he also said this in the same statement:

To the great nation, to the people of our country, and humanity: Many of you have known the writer of this letter to be faithful, honest, caring for others, wise, of sound judgement, just, decisive, careful with the wealth of the people and the state... and that his heart is big enough to embrace all without discrimination.
All I can do is laugh at that one. Perhaps he did not get it after all.

In the end though, this event saddens me. A greater torture would be for Saddam to live out the rest of his days among the common criminals in jail, stripped of his former power and glory. Death amounts to a relief for him.

I am not much for the death penalty anyway, "thou shalt not kill" is pretty explicit in that regard and the eye for an eye strategy is not a good one. It is not very ethical I suppose, but the only reason I can think of to embrace it is economics. We have so many murders in jail and it costs a ton to house them for the rest of their lives. Even that one fails though, given the cost of the legal process and appeals. There are a lot of nasty people in the world and the reality is that we have to expend a significant sum to incarcarate them.

This whole war saddens me as well. It is a tremendous waste of American resources and Bush is looking more and more clueless by the day. God help our troops and please watch over and deliver them safely from this mess, for their leader is an idiot.

When we leave does not matter. The factions in Iraq have hated each other for centuries. When the control is removed, civil war will ensue full scale and the strongest faction will rise to power. There is a pretty good chance that the eventual ruling faction will run the country with an iron hand and they will be even more virulently against our interests than Saddam was. The iron hand style of rule is probably necessary over there, given the nature of the religious fanatics who live there.

Bush Sr. no doubt wanted to kick Saddam's ass during Desert Storm and he likely would have had world support to do so, but perhaps he knew better than to enter the quagmire.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
In the end though, this event saddens me. A greater torture would be for Saddam to live out the rest of his days among the common criminals in jail, stripped of his former power and glory. Death amounts to a relief for him.
:stupid
i can honestly say i gained no pleasure from watching the video:no
I thought I was in favour of the death penalty, but after that...............i dont really know,it sent a chill down my spine,I will be different for people who were directly effected by his tyranny ,but to me................Its just another life taken :no

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah Dave me too. On one hand I like the idea that we get rid of the ****ers once and for all ... but on the other it feels like a hollow victory.
What's the solution though? How do we get justice & retribution from people like that?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Pity his victims. It is ugly, brutal and inhumane, but is so much more than he gave mothers clutching their children as they died a horrid death when gassed with nerve agents, the folks beaten to death, the families eliminated, the folks tortured and killed for speaking their minds, were not afforded the luxury of a fair trial and a quick death. The bible also says we are subject to the laws of man, Saddam was convicted and executed in accordance with the laws of man. He no longer had a right to live, he opted out. Megalomaniacs seem to be that way.

As to capital punishment, I support it, why? I think sometimes there is no other way to stop some folks. I think they can do things so heinous that the only just punishment is to eliminate them from the planet. Unfortunately, we seem to glorify the criminals and forget the victims. How long should we allow someone to live on our nickel in prison after they rape and kill children? Tell me what fair justice would be for that? Tough isn't it. I think we will just disagree on this. I agree it is a horrible thing, however, I personally believe it is necessary.

As to the Saddam, may the lord judge him and do with him as he will, it is out of the realm of man, he must suffer whatever there is for him on the other side.

·
Registered
994 Posts
as stated in the movie Swordfish "misdirection; what the eyes see and ears hear the brain believes"

he is not dead the vid is inconclusive

1 - 20 of 30 Posts