TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've recently received more PM's and emails from interested riders, I've produced more parts for you guys - long live the TLR! Fortunately the price hasn't gone up from last time so those who missed out on the last runs, this is your chance to get one. So far I have sold more than 60 of these to date, around the world, and every single person has been pleased with the fitment and the improvement it adds to the bike; so there are more than a few members that can vouch for the fit, finish and quality.

As before, this sale will include the sheet metal pan ONLY. Once received, one must be mechanically inclined enough to disassemble their tail section for fitting to the sub-frame and affix the piece with your choice of fastener. I suggest you also purchase some Velcro material (available at most hardware stores, sewing shops, etc...) for help in securing the ECU; it will also aid in some vibration isolation. The part must be gently finessed into position to avoid scratching the sub-frame excessively. I assure you it will go in there, with little effort, so just take your time. Once you have it in there, shift it until it matches up with the features of the frame, clamp it in place and mark your holes. The trunk release cable is passed through the hole provided on the side, the relay with the boot slips over the U-shaped feature in the floor, the harness passes through the relief at the front left of the pan and the rectifier bolts in the provided holes; now outside of the tail (disconnect from the harness and pass the connector in from the outside threw the larger 1.03" hole in the center of the part). Take your time and reference the pictures in this thread. The (10) holes provided are sized to clear #8 screws (or 4mm). I chose to use #8-18 x 0.375" self tapping pan head screws; the subframe drilled with a #29 drill (0.136"). These holes can easily be drilled out to 3/16" (0.188") for fitting with rivets as well. You decide.

Price: $95 + (3.5% for paypal fee's) + shipping = Your price.
Please PM me with your location details and I'll quickly respond with a shipped price.

ONLY (6) available!!!

PayPal: [email protected]
Once I receive payment, I can usually ship same day if not the following. Tracking always included.

The part is made from 0.08" 5052 Aluminum - Also commonly referred to as "marine grade" for its corrosion resistance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a heads up everybody, I just commissioned another short batch run of parts. If you're still looking, shoot me a PM or email and I'll get you a quote.

Mike is at the top of the list. Thanks again Mike!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone who paid up, your parts are shipped.

For those who missed out on the last run or are just running across this for the first time, I have a few more left over and up for grabs. Shoot me a PM or email with your ship-to address and I'll get you quoted.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Been away for a long time but I'm back! I'm putting the TLR back together now. Definitely gonna need one of these ... free bump for you.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I am fixing to order an OEM fender complete, which will run about $240.00 USD. I might consider one of these instead if they're available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts