TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Trying to put back together a loom that must have been cut about for a street fighter.
so.....
Has anyone got an old loom they don't mind cutting some connectors off I need the GERY INDICATOR CONNECTOR 2 PIN and the STARTER SOLENOID CONNECTOR 4 PIN.
Is there a shop in the UK that sells these connectors?
Also if you have an ATMOUSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR that would be good.

Andy

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,508 Posts
Andy,
I'm pretty sure all those connectors can be found new, along with contact terminals, from either of the two sites below.
They are not based in the UK, but shipping was reasonable last time i used them.

Motorcycle Terminals, Connectors, and Wiring Accessories

The place for all your motorcycle electric needs.

Keep in mind, it is best to use a proper crimping tool when installing the terminals.

Also, the AP Sensor can be found on eBay for a fraction of the OEM cost. However, I can't speak for the quality of it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Six5,

Thanks for the links, I have had agood look through them.
I have found a company in the UK called kojaycat.co.uk by cross referencing descriptions, it looks like they have the connectors and pins. I do have a selection of crimp tools so should be OK, if not I can get my hands on others.
I have managed to get a used AP sensor, came off a running bike, they do get snapped up quick on ebay. Breaker prices are going up by the week it seems.Good parts are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,508 Posts
Hopefully the kojaycat site works out to be a good UK connector source.

No surprise that used parts prices are going up. The breakers know what is moving, what is in demand, and what is becoming hard to find, so they position themselves to maximize profits. After all, it is a business.....

However, when I said the AP sensor could be found on ebay, I was thinking of something like this.

Manifold Map Sensor For Suzuki Toyota Subaru Isuzu VW 18590-79F00 079800-5050 | eBay

Of course, it is from China, and the sensing nozzle tube is different, but that shouldn't be a problem in an AP sensor application.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the link, have not seen this one, I was just going off the Denso part number. Was wondering if one off a GSXR would have done the same job! I know the mounting is different but can make a bracket to suit easy enough. Maybe next time I will look into it or just swap a GSXR one over and see if all is OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts