TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I was having a ponder last night and couldn't decide what tyres to put on my TLS, any suggestions?? I want something thats going to stick to the road like snot to my nose!!! but It would be great if they lasted for more than five seconds as in the UK rubber costs mega bucks.......

I will be running mostly on the road, but with this little monster it would be rude not to do a Track day or two!!! see how many RSVRs I can maim........:dowhat

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know how grippy vs lasting you want, but i've had a set of Pirelli Diablos on for 2500miles and it looks like i should see at least 6000miles on the rear, these are the first tyres i've been able to get rid of chicken strips on, and i'm no doohan, all street riding.
My last rear was a BT020 battlax, and lasted 8500miles, but the rear was wandering out next to me on corner exits still with 5mm chicken strips, and turn in was crapper too.
So if you want a few miles and great street grip i can suggest diablos, but i'm sure others will pipe up with other options, i notice pilot powers are pretty popular around here.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
For the UK Diablo Corsas all the way, I got my last set including fitting for £165:yes
Trackday at this time of the year though :scared, not for the faint hearted, even the Tillis spins the rear at the 2 circuits I have ridden over the winter.
Folk are raving over 2CT's though

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
2CT's all year, and Racetecs/Supercorsas in summer only

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I use Avon Viper supersports, and love the feedback and grip they give, I agree with datrat about the 020's, those little blighters nearly had me off on more than one occasion, Pilot powers are bloody good aswell, but at the moment the supersports are a bloody good mix of grip and feedback and they inspire confidence so I will be sticking to these...... :)

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Diablo corsas for me, love em, after about 5 years on bridgestones thinking they were good tyres i changed to the diablos and find them far superior, good grip on wet roads as well, last a lot longer than the 014's i used to have

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Like Ally, I'm using Avon's at the mo' but the Azaros :thumbup

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Fragle, you've opened a can of worms here.....you do realise you're not gonna get the same answer twice on here :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
tlr-triker said:
Fragle, you've opened a can of worms here.....you do realise you're not gonna get the same answer twice on here :laugh :laugh :laugh
who says

Diablo corsas for me, love em, after about 5 years on bridgestones thinking they were good tyres i changed to the diablos and find them far superior, good grip on wet roads as well, last a lot longer than the 014's i used to have

:laugh

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yep, I only saw 1500 miles out of my last 014 rear. Got michelin macadams on now, bit loose in the wet but very good grip otherwise

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok you might be right, think i really opened the floor for a major debate on this, I ave to say the diablos are winning at the moment,What I didn't realise was how many guys there are in the uk let alone the southwest with this little bad boys, Its awesome to see i'm not the only mad bastard out there...........

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Fragle said:
Ok you might be right, think i really opened the floor for a major debate on this, I ave to say the diablos are winning at the moment,What I didn't realise was how many guys there are in the uk let alone the southwest with this little bad boys, Its awesome to see i'm not the only mad bastard out there...........
Just do a bit of searching, this question has been around for nearly 10 years.

Along with what oil, brake pads...etc to use.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts