TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a dirtsurfer shipped from the UK to Japan ... RM is asking for hundreds of pounds! In money, no less!

Anybody know of a cheap way of sending something that weighs about 10kg, is 150cm long without me having to sell my soul?

FYI ... a dirtsurfer is -

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
FedEx want £135 which is probably about as cheap as you'll get, try and find a local importer/supplier or email the company and see if they have stockists in Japan ?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Sam ... that's about what Parcel Force was quoting :( no local supplier listed, waiting on Oz branch to get back to me.
The one I'm looking at is used, 80 pounds ... new they're 250+ but if it's going to cost me 140 to ship :O might just have to go without :laugh

Wheres the motor... :devious

OR

or even ...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool toy! How do you activate the rear brake?

Have you considered PPG? :drool

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some have a dead man's brake only and some you lean back into a handle with your calf ...
Yes we have little airfields around here - I've already got a bunch of kite gear though that I need to thrash and ... I need to lose some weight :blush

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Oh I'm sure they make ppg's that would haul you. I saw 300lbs+ dudes flying around at a ppg fly-in in VA a couple of years ago. Very impressive, they'd do spot landings, aerobatics and of course lots of very low-level flying. I'd already arranged to buy a setup and take lessons if I hadn't had gotten accepted to law school that year (I applied very late in the process so getting in was a long shot).

The big competition dudes were flying with these
http://www.freshbreezeusa.com/monster.htm

and these
http://www.freshbreezeusa.com/simonini.htm

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I've done this before, didnt look anything like those guys though :doh :laugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts