TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of cast iron rotors, the previous owner rode off with a disc lock on so the carrier on 1 is warped, anone successfully replaced the carriers?
Any info helpful

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...some one did, just can't think of the member name - the bobbins were a PITA to source also...

...try contacting the maker and see if they have any recommendations or can help?...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Johny...have a look at the back of mcn ...Ive got one at home and will let you know if I find anything...but I would contact the maker first.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
They can be straightened flat but it's not simple, but a guy who's good with a straightening press can fix 'em. I bought my spiroloks, washers, and wavy spring washers to replace the stock buttons from Performance Machine years ago.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
I've straightened a disc after having the same thing done, it's very rare the rotor bends unless it's severe, it's usually the carrier pushing the rotor out of line.

I kept the wheel in the forks and clamped a bit of welding wire to the fork spindle clamp bolt and set it to skim the carrier as close to the bobbins as I could, then using a round bar through the spokes of the carrier carefully tweeked it into line with the welding wire indicator.

I've also had billet carriers made for my marchesini's to suit the different offsets etc and bought new bobbins from Paul Mercer of PFM Engineering Limited (01624 829419)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure they are goodridge, they are at a mates at the moment.
I like fiche mans idea of straighening the carrier, sound straight forward engineering. If all else fails I will explore new carriers but I would imagine new rotors may be as cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts