TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my last few rides, I have started to notice increased squeaking coming from the rear suspension, presumably the blasted rotary damper. While riding yesterday, I noticed that the rear damping had basically disappeared - very bouncy rear end, not very fun to ride. Is the unit serviceable? Can the fluid be changed or refreshed? I used to experience the squeaking noise only after having a passenger on for a period of time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the squeaking will be comeing from the shock and the linkages for the shock very comen prob with the tls the grease dry's out as for the damper you can change the fluid check out Steve tls web page's http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/29/47/ about moding the rear damper and how to pull it apart

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Complete loss of damping may mean you lost a bolt at the damper mount/linkage. It's not unheard of. It could also be a broken mount as well. Take a close look at your rotory damper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
pmmonster said:
Complete loss of damping may mean you lost a bolt at the damper mount/linkage. It's not unheard of. It could also be a broken mount as well. Take a close look at your rotory damper.
+1 this happened on my tls. check that first.....:O

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I'm with pmmonster here ,if it's gone all of a sudden .Check to see if your bolts are still in place on the damper ,and also check to see if the frame mount has cracked . Mine did :banghead ,It's not all bad news if it has :O ,you just get to buy a Bitubo which doesn't use that mount .:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
If the damper is toast, I know where you can get a new Ohlins for your TLS for $600 plus shipping. PM me for more info.

--Sk

·
Registered
146 Posts
My rotary was squeaking on the muonts. snugged it up and gone.

Herdan is still honoring the group buy on Bitubo. $471 + shipping I believe.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
speedking said:
If the damper is toast, I know where you can get a new Ohlins for your TLS for $600 plus shipping. PM me for more info.

--Sk
And TL-R, how much would that be..?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Loki-TLR said:
And TL-R, how much would that be..?

but no one wants the ugly sister when they can have the slim sexy good looking one do they now

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
time for a alternative damper me thinks

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Time for Bitubo as I suspected :banghead . Just for your info , when I showed suzuki my frame ,they said they would replace it , but only if I'd get it done at a stealership at my cost ($1500 au ):puke . The price is a whole lot less for a Bitubo and it's a far better unit .:devious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts