TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly recently dynoed 130rwhp and well taken care of so it was healthy. All I can say is :boring

Had to wring its neck to make it go while having all the character of a
and I think my TL is quicker steering and better braking.

Ive had an itch for a GSXR750 K6-K8 for a while... that was cured a little bit because they should make similar type of power, now I doubt I4's are my thing at all. Still have to try a 750 tho...

:done

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
GSXR1k is obviously faster. The thing about them is they build so much speed without you even noticing. Before you know it you're doing well above the speed you thought you were going.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I rode a friends 900rr that has 3500 miles on it and just had to say I think I like the older style bikes more than the new ones. What I mean is I rode a new r1 a couple weeks ago and was utterly amazed at how far technology has advanced in the last couple years but I just couldnot get comfortable with the bike. Jumped on my friends 900 and almost felt at home with the bike. Maybe i'm just getting old.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i feel the same about older bikes. i'm a big guy so i feel more at home on a bigger bike. new bikes are so lean and skinny i feel like a giant when i ride them. it's like wearing a pair of pants that are too small.:laugh i just dont fit

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd have to say that I like the older bikes because of the way you sit in them instead of on top of them. Even the TLR took some time to get used to over the 94 GSXR 750 that I used to have.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
getting to old and scared of thr tiller are you J :laugh

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
getting to old and scared of thr tiller are you J :laugh
Haha, no but after 6 years something riding the same girl you want to try some other rides, you know how it goes ;)

Still love her tho! :bwtiller

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S in R clothing.. :confused

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had to look twice to notice...Nice catch!

·
Registered
440 Posts
i feel the same about older bikes. i'm a big guy so i feel more at home on a bigger bike. new bikes are so lean and skinny i feel like a giant when i ride them. it's like wearing a pair of pants that are too small.:laugh i just dont fit
Werd! I went to the new bike show in Chicago and I felt like an oaf when I sat on anything.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
954 >>> 929
Maybe that's why I have such a different opinion. I picked up a 954 streetfighter a couple of months ago, and it turns in so much quicker than my TLR, the brakes are incredible, and even the midrange of the motor seems way more intense than the TLR. It won't accept any real throttle until after 4000 rpms, so it does seem like you have to slip the clutch and rev it from stopped, but rolling on the throttle from even 5000 is just sick. :O

·
Registered
334 Posts
that looks like an old cbr 1000 in the background:O

·
Registered
380 Posts
Took my friend's 929rr out once (before he totalled it when he hit a deer). I thought it handled very well and was very forgiving, on the straights it was just about as fast as the TLR. However, it didn't have 1/10th the character of the TLR. The TL is just so much more scary and exciting, it's a bike you have to respect to ride.

GSXR 1000 is a lot of fun. Took out a buddy's who had done his cams and had 169 rwhp. That's a whole new level of scary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts