TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one decided to learn to play the real thing after playing the game?

I'm tempted to learn to play....

I was at a wedding reception last night and they had a band...the guitarist was mustard!!!!

How difficult is it to learn to play an electric guitar (not bass..although might consider it depending on who says what etc)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Although not electric, I have been learning to play accoustic teaching myself and can play a few tunes although not good enough to play in public :laugh The worst part about learning is it hurts your fingers and if you dont continue to practice then you have to go through all that hurt again as i have just found out :coocoo. Good luck mate

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
one answer Andy..............BLOODY HARD :banghead
Its all about enjoying it mate :) the bleeding fingers and hour put in make it all worth while the first time you play a song all the way through and it sounds good:D

before i got married my wife often suggested i should get married to the guitar instead of her :lol

to get to "band" level it takes a good year or two at least,iv been playing since i was 19 and still wouldn't go on stage ,my brother though, in a word is phenomenal :hail(ever heard the band EXTREME play flight of the bumble bee? thats his warm up):dowhat ,he has played in several bands but works as a manager in a prison coz as he says to make it in music is like winning the lottery.
type ian laird into youtube this is what you need to aim for:devious

http://[MEDIA=youtube]wFullScreen[/MEDIA]

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Say this with me slowly - ACOUSTIC. You're tied to a bloody cord that way.

How hard it is to learn completely depends on you. If you have no inborn talent you'll have to work your tail off. On the other hand, I showed my son a few chords and within a few days he could sit down, listen to a song for 30 seconds and then play with it. The twerp has been playing for only a year and makes me sound like an incompetent boob. Stinkin' showoff.:banghead :laugh

·
Registered
50 Posts
i cant stand that guitar hero thingy!! i been playing bass guitar in my band for the last 10 years and can play the guitar a little too. Can i play that damn game... NO!! its rubbish!! lol.

i tried to play monkey wrench i think it was by the foo fighters caus i can play that on the geeter and its nothing like how u play it properly. winds me up so i slat the plastic crappy guitar down and picked up the proper one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.