TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Rockford, Illinois last Sunday morning. Over 1000 miles later I'm in Clinton, Arkansas.

A few pics from today. :)

Its tough to take pics of the twisty parts because there usually isn't a safe place to pull over and take a pic. Most of my pics were durring smoke breaks in the straight areas. But trust me, the twisty roads down here are amazing!

Southern Mizz-zur-rah

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Looks like fun :)

Hows your ass holding up on the 'stocker' seat :O

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like fun :)

Hows your ass holding up on the 'stocker' seat :O
I don't think its bad, but I've never had a nice fancy aftermarket seat to compare it too. Maybe someday.

I did 690 miles in one day on that seat, (last year). I was VERY ready to get off at the end of that day lol

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
lovely elegant bridge design (3rd last pic). :laugh :)

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
I was in the Ozarks a few years back with the family and not the bike. Little traffic, good pavement and lot's of turns, I spent the whole week wishing I had the bike. :devious

If you're going to do the long rides spring for a Corbin seat. you wont' regret it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've heard and read good things about the Ozarks. Someday I'd like to make it there myself. Care to let us know what roads/highways you are riding?

Fos

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much any road in the Mark Twain forests is great.

Roads aroud Bixby, MO are all great

19 from Salem, Mo to Winona, Mo is really great too.

160 from Dniphan, Mo to Alton, MO is totally AMAZING. One of my favorite roads I've ever been on. THIS ROAD IS A MUST RIDE. Clean, smooth pavement. No 300 foot drop-offs to spook you. Good shoulders. Mostly 20 mph to 40 mph sweepers. And very few blind corners. Very little traffic. I didn't have to pass a single car for 30 miles. You can carry good speed on this road.

95 from Vanzant, Mo to Theodosia, Mo is also really great.

The Missouri part of yesterdays route. The part that goes off the page at the bottom is Rt 5 into Arkansas. Also reallly good!

·
Registered
724 Posts
You picked a great part of the state to ride in. I grew up there and the river roads are fantastic with little traffic, good surfaces, and great topography. There are also some good places around Branson, but not as good as the Scenic Riverways.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm back home in the real world unfortunately. Around 2200 miles in 6 days of riding

Left Collinsville, IL about 9:30 this morning. Temp was a balmy 35 degrees and I had 280 miles to cover.

Its not a real motorcycle trip unless there's a little suffering involved. :laugh

I've also never had to brush snow off the bike before a ride. First time for everything

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats a lot of riding. We usually stay in Eureka Springs, and you can ride all day in the twisties. Like you said, great roads, light traffic, and friendly people. I highly recommend it. I just moved to S.C. and am looking to hit up Deals Gap while I"m out here.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks like a great trip:thumbup

btw I had a fancy corbin seat and didn't really like it. I put 15k miles or so on it just to be sure it wasn't just in need of breaking in or something, then sold it and went back to my slightly-modded stocker.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm trying to head up there on one of our three day weekends this year. I absolutely love it and it's not too far for me.

My best day on the stock TL seat...

And yea, I was ready to be off of it by then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts