TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tampa to tallahassee yesterday. tallahassee to new orleans today. next stops on the trip, houston, austin, dallas, ok city, possibly st louis. throw in some stories i wanna know about your long rides and the experiences you had and if you live in any of the places i just listed gimme some places I HAVE TO SEE either on the way or while im there i wanna take some good pictures. o BTW stock seat sucks an i am very happy i bought the rain suit yesterday before i left

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My trip reports for the last two summers should be a good start (not on TL's but same idea and similar route a year ago).

If you take the cover off the stock seat and sand it down such that its dished just a bit and not as forward-sloping, then re-cover it will be much more comfortable. In fact that worked so well for me I sold my corbin.

I don't know of anything particularly worth seeing in those areas, but if you have time to shoot north-west to the rockies there's lots to see and some excellent riding to do!

·
Registered
492 Posts
damn you left town. Was going to see if you wanted to go to that new motorcycle show at the fairgrounds this weekend.

Thought you were in the Keys for a few weeks.

How are those HIDs working? You find that spacer they lost when they installed them?

Take your little gf with you?

Need me to look after her if you didnt? :devious

Have a great trip. Get my bike back wednsday so call me when you get back.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Since June, I rode my previous bike (2007 ZX14) from Dallas to Clayton, GA. Some buddies and I rented a house there and rode up in the Smokies for a week. Then rode back to Dallas. About 3500 miles.

Dropped the bike off to the new owner a few weeks later. Drove it from Dallas to Corpus., about 500 miles.

Then flew to Fresno, to pick up the Tiller and drive her back to Dallas. About 2500 miles.

Week after next me and aforementioned buddies are riding to west Texas to ride for a long weekend. Probably 500 miles for that one.

It's been a pretty good summer. Especially considering I don't care for the heat too much.

Not too much to se here in Dallas. Everything is hot and flat. If you go north and east, there are some pretty nice bike roads in the Ouchita and Ozark mountains. One really ice road (forget the number but can look it up) runs from Russelville, AR to Eureka Springs, AR (not too far from Branson, MO). It's pretty scenic, but too early to see any pretty colors.

-Matt

·
Registered
334 Posts
sounds like a good ride. be safe and ride smart :thumbup

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn you left town. Was going to see if you wanted to go to that new motorcycle show at the fairgrounds this weekend.

Thought you were in the Keys for a few weeks.

How are those HIDs working? You find that spacer they lost when they installed them?

Take your little gf with you?

Need me to look after her if you didnt? :devious

Have a great trip. Get my bike back wednsday so call me when you get back.

HID's are incredible. like night and day.

no didnt get that spacer either its workin fine now but i need a whole new steering damper anyway cause mine looks like crap

and my booking in the keys fell through so i started my big tour early. new orleans houston austin and dallas texas and ok, city. btw i flew to okc cause its a ten hour drive. left my bike at my officer friends house in houston. OKC SUCKS THOUGH.

the girly you met is still in tampa i cant bring her with to see all the other one's around the country lol that would be dumb.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I rode from Orlando Florida to Deals Gap motorcycle resort last week for the third time on my 97 TLS but I have risers and MX bars its about 650 miles one way. It rained me out just south of Atlanta on the way home so a hotel room a hot showerI rode again the next day. I love to travel on my bike with just a back pack.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Curious about your HID lights... do they blind oncoming cars?

One word of advice. Make sure you stay hydrated. If you get dehydrated you dont make sound decisions. I discovered this the hard way. Sounds like a blast of a trip. Ride safe! Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts