TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 95 yo Mr. Barbera (of Hanna-Barbera fame) passed away yesterday. His cartoon provided many hours of entertainment - he will be missed:hail

·
Registered
909 Posts
RIP

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Call me twisted, but when I read this, Porky Pig sputtering "And That's All Folks!" came to mind. :laugh Perhaps he would want it that way. This man brought a lot of lightness and laughter to the world.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
A Great Entertainer, brilliant, he will be missed by all of us old farts that loved his work.......

·
Registered
764 Posts
RIP Mr. Barbera.

Scooby Doo, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, Johnny Quest and much more. Great work, 30 years later Scooby Doo is still on top with the old ones replaying, new cartoons being created and two movies to boot.
He will definitely be missed.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Ahh, from the days when cartoons were entertainment and not marketing or indoctirnation. Duken, I thought the same thing. :) :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, they are still some of the best cartoons out, although I also find Pinky and the Brain quite good as well:thumbup

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Call me twisted, but when I read this, Porky Pig sputtering "And That's All Folks!" came to mind. :laugh Perhaps he would want it that way. This man brought a lot of lightness and laughter to the world.
:stupid well said Duken

R.I.P

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:stupid +1

Tom & Jerry are my all-time favourites :hail :hail :hail

and hands up who remembers Pixy, Dixy & Jinks :O (sp.)

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
thanks for all the great years!!!!! i was watching futerama (sp) last night on adult swim and saw they posted up a RIP for him......

and yes i remeber that cartoon and im only 25

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I suck - Porky Pig is a Warner Brothers production and he was voiced by the incredible Mel Blanc :lol

Mel Blanc - The voice of Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Daffy Duck, actor Mel Blanc performed all of the classic Warner Bros. characters from 1937 until his death in 1989. Blanc's amazing voice characterizations also included Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe Le Pew, Marvin The Martian, Tweety, Sylvester, Yosemite Sam, and the Tasmanian Devil.
Tom & Jerry remain one of my favorites. They were not trying to sell us anything, they simply engaged in good clean politically incorrect violent fun. They don't make them like this anymore. It is funny though, my kids watch the new and the old stuff and they like Tom & Jerry too :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ahh, from the days when cartoons were entertainment and not marketing or indoctirnation. Duken, I thought the same thing. :) :thumbup
Amen.

RIP Mr. Barbera.

You provided, and still provide, entertainment for me and my children.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The Banana Splits :Banana
Top Cat
Wacky Races
Hong Kong Phooey
Captain Caveman
Drac Pack
Godzilla and Godzooky

All classics in my books. Brought me loads of fun and pleasure in my younger years.

RIP Mr Barbera

1 - 14 of 14 Posts